My daughter is 11 and began her menstraul cycle 5 months ago. For two months now, she has bled on and off. Is this a normal hormonal issue and will regulate eventually or is it something to be concerned about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It is very normal for young women to have irregular cycles; they may spot for months, or they may have one period and then not get another for many months. If she is bleeding heavily, filling more than 2 pads an hour, then it is enough for concern.
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Polymenorrhea
My daughter is only 10 years old and she has her monthly period already. What concerns me is she is having it twice a month for 5 days. Is this normal at her age?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...