Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

in love with my cousin (Page 1)

I have a question about marrying a cousin.

I am in love with my cousin(my dad's sister's son). is it medicaly going to cause any problems in my future.

please let me know

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Truth_serum
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
probably
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Experienced User
if you're planning to have his baby...then YES!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Ummm...yeah more than likey he is your first cousin after all!Is it even legal to marry your cousin? No Alabama jokes
either! Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
oh man...
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Supporter
I was in love with my cousin(s) for a few weeks each. They never found out. It will be over soon, don't worry!
|

Especially eHealthy
shonster wrote:
I was in love with my cousin(s) for a few weeks each. They never found out. It will be over soon, don't worry!

you were in love with TWO of your cousins?

i dont think you gusy know what "love" is
what youre feeling is not love
you dont just love someone for a week then bam1 move to the next cousin in line
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hey, Girlfriend - it was just a joke! At the time I felt as though I was in love but I was only 13 and I was in love with life and everyone in it!

(As I said, they never even knew, for to them I was just their annoying kid cousin that followed them around all the time!)
|

replied January 28th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
lele25 wrote:
No Alabama jokes
either! Smile

i thought it was Arkansas that did the whole inbreeding and what not???
|

replied January 28th, 2008
Experienced User
dhiviya, first off, I don't even know if its legal to marry your cousin where you live. Second off, inbreeding might cause genetic problems for any future children you two have. Third off, maybe you could find another non-related guy with all the good qualities you see in your cousin.
|

replied March 21st, 2008
Think before you type
Age and maturity may have played a dynamic role in your "love" episode. Just make sure you understand the meaning the next time you want to use the word.
|

replied March 21st, 2008
Think before you type
Age and maturity may have played a dynamic role in your "love" episode. Just make sure you understand the meaning the next time you want to use the word.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Experienced User
It's easy to joke about this!
Marrying a cousin is really not socially acceptable these days! I would say you have a very strong love for a relative that has become sexual, obviously. I would hope you venture outside the family bloodline to meet someone else. I'm not a doctor. I do know that there's more potential for birth defects or health problems when having a child with a close blood relative. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
Thank god i dont have hot cousins...
i dont even think its legal..
and even if it is, isnt it a HUGE turnoff knowing that hes your COUSIN?

butyeah i do want to know whether it causes any genetic problems
ive heard alot of rumours when i was kid (they were mostly jokes) about how the kid can come out deformed or disabled or something, ive always dismissed them as fake but are they?
|

replied April 4th, 2009
Experienced User
I've never done anything sexual with a cousin, and never would as this is not legal in Canada, but when I was 16, I was visiting some cousins in northern Ontario and while there, my 2 cousins, both boys (one 13 the other 16) and I used to skinny dip in the creek. I know that I was fasinated with the penises on these two boys as they were a good size, and a few times I saw them get erect, but we did not have sex of any form. All they got was to look at my naked body as I swam around, I of course I saw theirs.

Wendy
|

replied April 11th, 2009
it's not that easy
being in love is not easy anyway but in your situation it's way too hard. i understand if it is a true love and you cannot imagine your life without him but if it's just a crush then you'd better try to get over it. because your life is going to be too hard for you two and for the people around you, have you thought about your parents, relatives, friends of the family? Will they approve? And will you both feel good without their approval?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2009
Supporter
shake it off!
|

replied July 27th, 2009
go for it. medically speaking, the risks aren't that much higher (only about 1-2% increase in genetic risk), and its legal in about half the states in the u.s. and in most of europe/canada. don't let unfounded social norms keep you from love!
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Supporter
it's incest!!! it's wrong!! i dont believe that the family would accept it either!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Supporter
I think that it would be like marrying my brother..YUK!
|
Quick Reply