Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Cures And Treatments of Lung Cancer

Hello,
my father was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer. What is the treatment?
Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Treatment Options For Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
Hi wingfield,

The most common treatment options for non small cell lung cancer are:

* Radiation therapy

* Surgery

* Chemotherapy

* Photodynamic therapy (PDT)

* Laser therapy

* Watchful waiting

There is a good government website with rather helpful info here:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/tre atment/non-small-cell-lung/Patient/page4
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Treatment For Lung Cancer
My mom was diagnosed last june (2006) and the dr's told her stage iv non-operational small cell..Had spread to lymph nodes all over....Just wanted to do chemo. She found out about a special diet that controls cancer....Called the hallelujah acres diet. To kick start this she went to their clinic at the oasis of hope hospital in mexico for 21 days. This diet is based on 80% of food should be raw fruit/veggies with 20% cooked. She went back for another pet scan when she returned from mexico and there was no sign of cancer in her lungs and only a little remaining in her abdomen. She did opt to have mini-chemo treatments about 4 months later (6 of them) and is now in complete remission.

The diet is pretty amazing and does a lot of juicing (especially carrots). She was juicing about 50 pounds a week when she 1st went on the diet but the results were well worth it. The hallelujah acres clinic visit in mexico didn't cost as much as you'd think either....Not compared to what the same stay would have been in the us.

I highly recommend you try this. They have a website for hallelujah acres clinic and an additional one for oasis of hope hospital.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....