Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lower Abdominal Pain, Going On 3 Weeks...

I'm having soreness in the lower part of my abdomin. I've had it since the second day of my period. It's been pretty mild, but recently it started getting a *little* worse. It's been on & off (mostly on) for about 3 weeks now.

I really don't know if it's my female parts that are in pain, my digestive tract, or something else.

The soreness is litterally one inch below my navel, and in a straight line going left & right (about 3 inches from navel in both directions). The soreness has stretched up to a little bit above my navel as well. I know it's not cramps, I've had my period for 9 years, and this soreness is totally different from the pain I usually have.

Also I can't tell if food is affecting it or not.

Any ideas what it could be?
Have you ever experienced this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bree16
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
is there a possibillity your pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:

I wondered the same thing. Because when a woman is pregnant, she'll have soreness from her uterus stretching. But doesn't that start kinda later?

It sounds to me like you need to pay your gynecologist a visit and maybe ask for an ultrasound to see how things look down there.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Jude-Love wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:

I wondered the same thing. Because when a woman is pregnant, she'll have soreness from her uterus stretching. But doesn't that start kinda later?

It sounds to me like you need to pay your gynecologist a visit and maybe ask for an ultrasound to see how things look down there.

yeah i think your uterus usually begins to streatch at like 15-16 weeks? i could be wrong though
better safe than sorry lol
|

replied July 8th, 2007
This pain appeared about 6 weeks after the last time I had sex. I did wonder if I was pregnant, but I took two HPT and they came back negative.

My ex and I were very cautious, we always used a condom. Also he would check them afterward for holes and what not. I've also been on the pill for almost 14 months now.

So my worry is that it's something else, and it's more serious than I'd like to think.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Razzy86 wrote:
This pain appeared about 6 weeks after the last time I had sex. I did wonder if I was pregnant, but I took two HPT and they came back negative.

My ex and I were very cautious, we always used a condom. Also he would check them afterward for holes and what not. I've also been on the pill for almost 14 months now.

So my worry is that it's something else, and it's more serious than I'd like to think.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone instantly jumped on the "you're preggers!" boat! I do think you could go to a doctor though... if it's intestinal then it needs to be diagnosed asap.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
lol, it's fine, any input is welcomed.

Speaking of which, anyone else?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
Pain Lower Abdomin
I have had lower ab pain now for 2 weeks no not pregant either. I have had a fever with it at times and have been to the hospital they told me it was a uterin infection and put me on antibiotics. It was sharpe and came on slowly the other opions they thought it could be were a bladder infection, kiddeny infection, apendix this one usually comes on all of a sudden, bowl in infection. In other words they were trying to guess best idea is to go see your gynie. or your gp who ever does your pap smears is best as they are fimilar with your body.
|

replied September 30th, 2009
lower stomach pain
I am also having a similar issue. I woke up two days ago to horrible pain in my stomach, it was constant and lasted all day, except when I rested. It hurts if I stretch, cough, sneeze and it hurts to press on it. Its not on either sided, it hurts from one side to the other and up to about my belly button. I woke up with it again today. About a week ago I woke up with the same problem and noticed spotting, but it was very light and only lasted that day. The next day, everything was gone. This time I dont have spotting, but the pain wont go away. I have about 5 days until my expected period, and my husband and I are not trying, but trying for a baby..lol I have taken 3 HPTs, one today and they were all negative. I don't think Im pregnant because I just don't feel it. And we have been trying for a few months. Im gonna re-test if I don't get my period and will schedule an apt after either way, but any suggestions will put my mind at ease until then.

Any input would be appreciated.
|

replied October 19th, 2009
I have been having the same pain in my abdomin, my pain is from left to right below my belly button, I also have pain in pelvic area and in my lower back, I can barely pick up my 4 month baby at times. I have been holding out to go to the doc for about 3 weeks hoping it would get better. If anyone has any insight please help! It's killing me.
|

replied October 19th, 2009
Lower abdominal pain
I finally took myself to the hospital for the similar symptoms. I have a large mass on my ovary, and and abcess in my fallopian tube. I was in the hospital for over a week, on IV antibiotics. I let it go too long and now, I may have to have it removed, and it may have effected my ability to have children. Please don't hold out any longer. I would see you Dr. Now.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
I am having a similar problem. i have had the pains in my lower abdomin constantly for 2 weeks now and seen the doctor three times. they are not sure what could be causing the problem and said for me to wait and if it is still there after 10days then return.

i am definatly 100% not pregnant

for the past two days the pain has atleast trippled and at times brought me to my knees because it was so intence.
my period began a coupl of days ago also and i usually have quite a heavy flow but today has been very bad. after inserting the largest tampon available i would be heavly bleeding thru only 10 minuits later...

does anybody have any ideas what it could be. im afraid to go to hospital just incase its nothing and dont want to waste the doctors time
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2015
Lower Abdominal Pain
I'm having a really bad cramps in my lower abdomen, I went to see an OBGYNE and did some test. But the only thing we found is that I have a poly cystic left ovary more than 12. My menstrual period is regular. On my 2nd visit I was asked to take a vaginal suppository but it doesn't relieved the pain I'm feeling everyday. On my next visit we will do a pap smear. I want to know what's really the problem. I'm having this lower abdominal pain for 2 weeks now.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...