Hi,my mom has been receiving hemodialysis for the past two years, well tolerated. recently she has developed, upset stomach, bulging, black stool and H&H has dropped. Started on pepcid but has developed palpatations while taking it. NP at dialysis will start epogen shot for anemai, but I am wondering if she should be considered for a endoscope to rule out GI bleed, she has never had GI disorders in the past. but what concerns me is the corelation with the H&H dropping this past month, (which they did consider a blood transfusion if need be) and the bulging and gi upset, and most of all black stook but never any blood noted). What do you think, Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 28th, 2007
Re: Hemodialysis Complaints
Faithstreasures wrote:
Hi,my mom has been receiving hemodialysis for the past two years, well tolerated. recently she has developed, upset stomach, bulging, black stool and H&H has dropped. Started on pepcid but has developed palpatations while taking it. NP at dialysis will start epogen shot for anemai, but I am wondering if she should be considered for a endoscope to rule out GI bleed, she has never had GI disorders in the past. but what concerns me is the corelation with the H&H dropping this past month, (which they did consider a blood transfusion if need be) and the bulging and gi upset, and most of all black stook but never any blood noted). What do you think, Thanks
i would forsure run this past the doctor and see what they have to say.good luck
|

replied July 31st, 2007
although not always, most lower gi bleeds present with coffee ground emesis (normally an abundance of dark flaky looking stools). the black stool could be a sign, but may also be because of the dialysis. definitely consider a dr consult. treatment for gi bleeds need not be put on the back burner.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Hemodialysis Complaints
The adverse effects of dialysis are truly mind boggling. Then there's the additional headache caused by some ridiculous .
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...