So today my bf and I was just fooling around and it led to sex. And yes, it was unprotected and he THINK he pulled out on time. My period stopped 2 days ago. What are the chances of me becoming pregnant? I'm freaking out right now.

PS: And if i am pregnant, what can i do?

Please give me a reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hi. How does he "think" he pulled out in time? Did he ejaculate after pulling out, or before? It's pretty simple... Secondly, yes. During any time in your cycle, you may become pregnant. Typically, women ovulate 14 days before their period, but that's never an absolute.

All you can do at this point is wait until your next period, about 4 weeks from now. Then, take a pregnancy test if your period misses or isn't much beyond spotting.

If you are pregnant, there are three options. Abortion, keeping the baby, or giving it up for adoption. You're far from worrying about that right now however.

I wish I could comfort you and say it's unlikely that you're pregnant... Most women don't ovulate so soon after their period but there's just no way to know.

Once you've confirmed whether or not you're pregnant, then you can get on some birth control. It can be free if you're a student, and your parents don't have to know.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Eiri wrote:
Hi. How does he "think" he pulled out in time? Did he ejaculate after pulling out, or before? It's pretty simple... Secondly, yes. During any time in your cycle, you may become pregnant. Typically, women ovulate 14 days before their period, but that's never an absolute.

All you can do at this point is wait until your next period, about 4 weeks from now. Then, take a pregnancy test if your period misses or isn't much beyond spotting.

If you are pregnant, there are three options. Abortion, keeping the baby, or giving it up for adoption. You're far from worrying about that right now however.

I wish I could comfort you and say it's unlikely that you're pregnant... Most women don't ovulate so soon after their period but there's just no way to know.

Once you've confirmed whether or not you're pregnant, then you can get on some birth control. It can be free if you're a student, and your parents don't have to know.

i dont know, i think he pulled it out right when he knew? but he might of left some in there? im not sure. But uhm, i heard there's something called "the morning after pill". Should i take it?

And if I'm not sure if im pregnant then should i still take the pill?
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Ah yes, I'm so sorry! Go get the morning after pill as fast as you can. It's available at most pharmacies, hospitals, planned parenthoods, etc. You need to take it within three days of the unprotected sex for it to work the best, though you have up to 72 hours.

Secondly, the morning after pill has not been proven to harm or prevent implantation of an already fertilized egg. So it is not in any way shape or form, an abortion pill. If you're already pregnant, it simply won't do anything. So take it, you have nothing to loose. All it does is prevent ovulation just like birth control pills, but it does it fast, with a high dose of hormones.
|

replied February 20th, 2010
i took two pregnancy tests and they both came back positive am i pregnant
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...