I worry about things way too much and i have problems breathing. For example whenever i take a breath it goes in and when it comes out it stops at a certain point i cant take full breaths. And alot of times even when im not worrying i feel like some1 is choking my lungs with a rope and im really scared i might have an anxiety problem or even worse lung cancer! [no caps please].
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Hi
i get the same way with the shortness of breath. believe me it can be a scary thing.i just wait it out.or sometimes i take my meds and it helps me
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Breathing Difficulty
From Cauchi (June 27, 2009)
I have a different problem. I breathe normally for about 40 seconds, then I have to take an extra big breath. Sometime I have trouble with this breath as if I have to get it over a barrier. Sometimes I get it over the barrier, sometimes I don't. Then I breathe normally for a while, then it happens again. I have had this problem for years. Anybody know what it is?
|

replied May 20th, 2011
anxious breathing
i have suffered from this for over a year, it actually marked the beginning of my anxiety and ocd. i did cognitive behavioural therapy and tried loads of relaxation tapes and breathing exercises but nothing has worked yet. you just need to remember that nothing is medically wrong with you, it's just adrenaline and tension in your body and muscles caused by something in your head. i have faith that it will go away soon, but in the mean time you should look up "emotional freedom techniques" and "tapping" to help your breathing
|

replied June 12th, 2011
Slow and rhythmic breathing is important in harmonizing your breath as well as your life. Just make sure that when you inhale and exhale, you should put it in a rhythmic but slow pattern. Do not force your breath. Just focus on it. (And I mean focus on it, I mean focusing in your inhaling and exhaling and not the amount of air entering and leaving your body.) If you focus on the air entering and leaving the body, you would just feel more anxious when you realize that you are not getting enough air which would just lead to more anxiety. If you focus on the act of inhaling and exhaling instead, you feel more in control with your body, thus, making you calm and relax.

Reference: http://watchado.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/n ote-to-self-breathe/
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...