User Profile
I was recently switched from 'Tri-cyclen-lo' to 'Alesse' only because it wasn't covered by my medical, and I was just curious as to what everyones thoughts were on how effective this is compaired to the one I was previously on. (maybe they have the same effectivenes?)

Anyways, that's all from me.

Ta.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Alesse is just as effective as other pills, it is a lower dosage of hormones, but still effective =)
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Alesse is very effective, but is a low dose so lower dose pills are less effective for the very overweight - likely not a problem, especially since the pill you used to be on, (tri-cyclen-lo) is also a low-dose.

I was on alesse for 7 years, tried nuvaring for awhile (awful) and now I'm back on alesse. I've had no problems, no pregnancy scares. They have a great website if you have any questions your doctor didn't answer, or if you just want to do more reading.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
I just finished my third pack of Alesse and I'm glad I'm done them. They made me put on weight, my acne got worse and during the last month, they made me feel like a nervous wreck!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...