After much wondering, I went to the doctor to get checked out for oral herpes. What I didn't notice until I got home was that I also have nasal herpes, which is caused by hsv-1. How do I treat nasal herpes? Can I apply a cream that is used for oral herpes and cold sores, or should I get a different medication? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I honestly do not know. I have never heard of nasal herpes. I would call your doctor and tell him/her that you found them in your nose also and ask what you should use to treat them.
|

replied March 10th, 2004
Experienced User
I went to the doctor and was prescribed valtrex. I have to take it twice a day for 10 days
|

replied August 1st, 2009
Nasal Herpes totally sucks! I have it right now along with a bad cold. It's in both of my nostrils and hurts so bad just to blow my nose. And being inside a muscous membrane like the nostrils it takes forever to get rid of. It seems like now every time I get a cold, I get these too. I've been taking Acyclovir 200 mg/3 times a day and try not to blow my nose (which is very hard) so the insides can dry up. I haven't even gotten a cold sore on my lip in years, now it's just in my nose. Good luck Smile
|

replied August 4th, 2009
Oh yea, and make sure to take 1200 mg of Lysine and 2000 mg of Vitamin C a day. It will help in the healing process. I'm going to keep taking the Lysine to prevent future breakouts if it helps.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....