everyone keeps saying to me that i must be so glad that i'm not going to be pregnant anymore soon and that i must be so impatient to get the baby out and i'm not even 40 weeks yet. all the women i talk to say they hated being pregnant and couldn't wait to get the baby out. i keep hearing the phrase "9 months of hell" and i can't really relate. i'm just feeling like an oddball because i don't mind being pregnant at all. in fact, i think i'm going to miss it when i'm not anymore. don't get me wrong, i can't wait to have my little baby, but i don't mind waiting until he or she is ready to come out. maybe this will change when i get closer to (and maybe beyond) 40 weeks. i'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes and thinking "oh just you wait" lol. but i almost feel bad for not feeling bad, you know? maybe part of it is that i'm a little bit scared of being a mom and having to share my baby with the world. it's so much easier sheltering and protecting your baby when they are all safe in your tummy i guess. or maybe i've just waited so long for this to happen and i'm so happy that it's happening with the love of my life that i want to savour every single second of it. i dunno.

i just needed to share that with anyone. i'm a little hormonal i guess and feeling all sentimental. i just know that it's all going to go by so fast and before i know it my little one will be all grown up and i won't be the most important person in their life like i am now. i'm sure others must feel kinda similar, otherwise we wouldn't ever get pregnant again i suppose.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
i didnt mind my pregnancy till i was 40 weeks, then i was just so uncomphy i just wanted to meet my little guy
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your Not An Oddball
I feel the same way as you. For my first two pregnancies I absolutely loved being pregnant. Sure there were some discomforts but there is nothing like feeling your little one move and grow inside your tummy. I thought my second pregnancy was going to be my last so I really tried to take it all in and really try to remember what it felt like to be pregnant because I knew how fast I forgot with my first one. It was really sad for me because I kept thinking this is the last time that I will ever be pregnant, and I will never have this feeling again. Well SURPRISE I got pregnant again!! Now I am 17 wks and all I keep thinking again is that this will definitely be the last time that I will be pregnant. I really do love being pregnant. I feel bad for the women who have really tough pregnancies because to me there is nothing better than being with child. Don't get me wrong near the end I do look forward to it being over but only because I am excited to meet my baby not because of the pregnancy. My mom always tells me that I would have 20 kids if I could, but my dh would never go for that. He is getting fixed right after this one is here Sad

So needless to say I was very sentimental during my second pregnancy because I thought that that was it for me and now I am all sentimental again for this pregnancy because there are no ifs ands or buts about it this is really it for me this time. For each week that my pregnancy progresses I keep saying to myself ''I will never be this many weeks pregnant again''. I'm really sad about it but I know that I should count myself lucky being able to conceive three times and go on to have great pregnancies and healthy children. Some women never experience it and I feel for them terribly.

Anyways just wanted to tell you that your not alone. There are many women who just love everything about being pregnant.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
thanks so much. i feel better now. i was just thinking about it and i guess i'm pretty lucky in that i've been off work and i don't have other kids to take care of so i can just take care of me and baby. it must be harder when you have all of that to deal with. i had a scare in the middle of my pregnancy and i'm sure that has affected my attitude towards it as well. i just know that you can't count on life going according to your plans and for all i know this could be my last pregnancy as well. i hope it isn't but you just never know. i just feel really happy and content with my situation and i don't want to take it for granted when i know there are probably others who are not having such an easy time of it. i just talked to an old friend of mine who told me that her husband just left her with three little girls to take care of so he could go find himself. you just never know what life is gonna throw at you so you have to really appreciate the good times. ya know?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
There are a few girls on here that have enjoyed their pregnancies right to the end. Our lovely .beckster is one of them!

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy mine, and am not really looking forward to getting pregnant again. I wish I had your take on pregnancy! I definitely envy you!
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i wish i enjoyed mine as much as you seem to be! i was too busy feeling sorry for myself through all the puking, and the million other horrible things i don't even want to write out or remember right now. i always loved the little movements though, i really miss those kicks! even though i was excited for my little girl to come, i did spend the last day before being induced crying, looking through pictures, and mourning the phase of my life i was leaving behind. not because i wasn't excited for her to come, but i really understood that an era of my life was completely over, forever, and i wasn't ready. that is probably just because i was 17 when she born though. in a way i wanted to prolong the transition into motherhood for as long as i could, so i understand how you feel... but only a little bit.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I loved my pregnancy. It was a really stressful time with all this other stuff going on, but I enjoyed being pregnant.
It was only near the end where I got fed up having to go pee 10 times in the night. Oh and I had really bad stretchmarks that were incredibly itchy and sore. It looked like the skin was going to tear open...seriously.

Morgan
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...