Ok, when .adriana wakes up in the morning she never cries. She likes to stay in her crib and play after she wakes. Sometimes when I go in to get her she tells me no, I sometimes have to bribe her out with breakfast! Laughing
So my question is....how long should I let her play in there after she wakes up? sometimes she goes back to sleep, but this past week she's been sleeping in until 11ish. She goes to bed between 8:45-9:30. She takes one nap a day (unless we're out, then she will only snooze if we're in the car...and that's about 15 minutes that she will sleep)
So how long do I let her play in there?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wow thats interesting!
usually they want out!
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
with reese he goes to bed at 9:30ish and gets up at 7 30 - 8ish drinks a bottle and will go back to sleep in about half hour if i let him
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
my son looovvveeddd to sleep this was his schedule not mine...
morning wake up 6:00 eat play alittle then go back to sleep at 8:00 then up at 11:00 eat lunch play a little then go back to sleep at 2:00 up at 6:00 eat dinner play a little bath then back to sleep at 9:00
he did this till he went to preschool last year go fig he just loved to sleep doctor said not to worry he was healthy just that some need more sleep than others so id say let her do what she has been doing if it makes her happy.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
If it was me, I'd get her up around 8-9 then put her down for a nap around 11-12. By 11 isnt her diaper soaked through? And isnt she hungry?
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Brayden usually goes to bed around 9:30-10:00 and gets up around 8. He still wakes up during the night though, I think it's because of all the problems with his ears. He's 16 months and takes 1 nap during the day around 12 or 1:00.

I'd let her play for as long as she wants too, I don't see a problem with it really. I would love for brayden to be able to play in his crib for at least an hour in the mornings, but we have a strong schedule and it's the same everyday.

I like it that way though. Very Happy
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey .d! how are you and .bray doing?
When he wakes up does it take long for him to go back to sleep? Poor little guy.

It's great that she likes her crib, it allows me a little extra time to tidy up before she's on the loose. Or time to sleep in.

Sickmama, the girl eats non stop all day (well until recently, she goes thru spurts of this) so surprisingly she isn't all that hungry when she gets up. The bribery part would work no matter what, she just likes to eat Laughing
And her diapers aren't that wet at all. I limit her water intake after dinner....we'd like to try potty training sometime in the near future.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
Sleep
how old is your daughter? There are times when it will feel like she is sleeping all day and night but that is when they grow. a growth spurt usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks then stops again. then it will start again for another growth spurt. If she stops eating or is loosing weight you should get her in to see the doctor asap. Is she lathagic(not playing much, very sleepy, gets tired quickly)? If so take her to hospital asap somehting is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well. Is there anything else you can tell me about her? Age? was she a premie? If in doubt always trust your gut and call the doctor. Your gut is usually right when is comes to your children mine has never failed me.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Sleep
karebare293 wrote:
how old is your daughter? There are times when it will feel like she is sleeping all day and night but that is when they grow. a growth spurt usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks then stops again. then it will start again for another growth spurt. If she stops eating or is loosing weight you should get her in to see the doctor asap. Is she lathagic(not playing much, very sleepy, gets tired quickly)? If so take her to hospital asap somehting is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well. Is there anything else you can tell me about her? Age? was she a premie? If in doubt always trust your gut and call the doctor. Your gut is usually right when is comes to your children mine has never failed me.

She is 16 months old. She doesn't sleep all day, it's just once she wakes up in the morning she loves to stay in her crib and play. So I was just wondering how much time I should leave her in there. She just had a growth spurt not long ago. She goes thru spurts with eating too. She's not gaining a lot of weight, but she's getting taller...so her doctor was very happy about that.
She is by far lathargic....she doesn't stop all day until I put her back down for her nap in the afternoon. She wasn't a premie.
I don't think there is anything wrong with her at all....just not sure how long I should leave her in there to play. I'm sure she'd play in there for hours!! But that's too long imo. Thanks
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
Sleeping
then if everything is fine with her let her enjoy her crib if she likes it. I do not think you should try to limit her time in there. When she is awake playing put some educational toys for her to play with and I would only limit her time in crib if she is not walking yet. so she can master the walking stage. My twins 1 loved her crib and would play for hours as long as her twin was playing in the room with her not together just in same room she even enjoyed staying in a playpen and playing. how ever the other want to knpow everything and to this day still goes into everything to find out how to do it or work it and they are now 5 . My youngest loves to be held all the time and carried around I do it as much as I can but my health makes me limit the time i carry her but as for sitting down with her on my lap I will continue with all my girls until I die or they chose they no longer want me or my lap in the i need you mommy way. I know this will only last a few more years and then they will be teenagers and then adults them selves. If she enjoys her crib maybe you can use the time to get some extra sleep if needed or wash dishes cloths or just sit and relax for 1/2 hour i rarely get that kind of break. Glad she is healthy. I did not mean to offend you by offering the advice before. I sometimes worry a little to much a person I know waited to long to take her son in and he ended up with a hospital stay and damaged his hearing. So I tend to be on the safer side and give what I understood the question to be the worest is you read it and do not need it. have a wonderful day you 2
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, no....you didn't offend me!!! Not at all. But I'm not always so good with words, so I wasn't sure if I was making myself clear as to what I was asking Laughing
But she doesn't walk...she runs. She repeats almost all of what we ask her to say.
Now I forgot what else I was gonna say lol
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
that is wonderful then just enjoy the break she gives you when she is content in her crib because most likely this phase will not last that long. enjoy these times in a short while you will be saying to yourself, boy i wish she would just sit and leave me alone for 5 minutes. lol. anysways take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....