Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Bleeding, Swelling And Pain After Hysterectomy.

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on february 16'th,2004. I woke up to a very swollen and bruised stomache. I am on week 3 post op and have begun to bleed bright red blood, as opposed to the brown discharge I was having before. Not alot, but any fresh blood kind of has me worried. I also have had alot of pain abdominally and much swelling as well. My stomache is swollen so much that it hangs over my incision, making for a bad healing environment as far as the incision goes. Is the bright red bleeding anything to worry about or is it something that will pass? I just thought that at almost 4 weeks post op things would be going better by now. Any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kayfla
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Hi
I am 42 and had a hysterectomy last november, I was bleeding right after my surjury, I was bleeding out and had to have additional surjury... I have several forums here please feel free to read them.. The swelling I your stomach and bleeding is not normal. Please seek another dr's medical advice.. Good luck and keep in touch! :d
|

replied March 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I had a total hysterectomy at 42 & despite being way overweight (& I did bleed for about 7-10 days) I had no other real trouble other than normal healing pain/discomfort.

See another dr or if you still rtust the one who did the op demand attention & exploratory surgery & document everything that has happened & that has been done & what you ask for & are told & what is & is not done etc. Threaten legal action. That often gets them to act faster!!
|

replied July 25th, 2009
i had a c section and hysterectomy last year and the pain gets worse and worse. by the way thank you for the menage a trois, you sound for unresponsive to the hell i seem to have accured in my little world.
|

replied January 25th, 2011
hysteroctomy recovery
I had a hysterctomy 5 months ago and thought it would be ok to try to go back to skiing, but 4 days and still in real bad pain and cramping
|

replied February 17th, 2011
Hysterectomy pains after surgery
what are all those bad pains about after a hysterectomy
|

replied November 4th, 2011
i just had a hysterectomy 2 days ago and im in so much pain. the pain is also in my back is this normal?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....