User Profile
Hey everyone,

I'm 29 weeks and 3 days today and as I'm approaching 30 weeks, with just over 10 weeks left its finally hitting home that I'm going to have a baby. Man its so scary!

When did it hit you all that you were actually going to have a baby? Up until now I've known I'm pregnant, I feel her kick and do all crazy baby things, I've gone baby shopping and got her lots of things ready for her arrival but as strange as it sounds, its only hitting me now I'm having a little girl. Shocked

I'm so emotional, I woke up this morning and she was kicking like crazy, and rolling over, watching my belly move side to side I started laughing aloud, then I started crying!

It's so overwhelming. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
awww. i know the feeling. it's overwhelming isn't it? i don't know when it really hit me that we are going to have a baby really soon, but i think it keeps hitting me over and over again lol. every once in a while .rich and i will look at each other and just know that we are both thinking "holy cow it's coming soon!". i'm in a bit of a panic really because i don't feel like we are ready yet. my doctor is going on holiday and my mom just left town for a week and .rich has two weeks of 14 hour work days ahead of him. we don't have a room for baby, none of the baby clothes are washed, the crib isn't set up and i haven't packed for the hospital. and the doctor tells me i could have this baby any time now because the head is so low and the baby is so big. yikes!!! i want to cry now lol. yeah, i hear you. i guess we are pregnant for 9 months for more reasons than one. it gives you some time to get used to the idea anyway. oh my gosh we are going to be moms soon!!! Shocked Laughing
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Ha! Yea, it's so scary.

I can understand what you mean though, mind you I guess it's harder for you with having little time left. How far gone are you again, Kearbear?

I feel like I have to get everything done for 36 weeks as preemies run in my family plus I want it all done so I can relax in the last few weeks.

So like just over 6 weeks for me to prepare everything, which brings me to the other problem of money!

I was told I could get a maternity grant of £500 because of my age and circumstances and because every teenage mum is entitled to it, but now they tell me I can't get it until after she's born! So how the hell do they expect me to buy everything for her before she's born!? I'm so glad my parents are being sp supportive, they've offered to help me buy everything for Paige, then when I get my grant once she's born I can give them back most of the money!

I still have so much to get, pram, carseat, blankets, carrier, stand for moses basket, changing bag, baby monitor, breast pump etc!

This is just so not gunna happen!lol
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Hiya

Firstly congratulations on being preg. Where about in UK are you? Im in Stoke On Trent. Im 24, how old are you?

This will be 2nd baby, have a Son whom was 2 in May. Benjamin.

Regarding things to buy for baby, are there any shops by you that do a payment scheme, im sure Mothercare do now too, you can pay weekly. Also there are good quality second hand shops round. They buy decent prams etc and then do them up to standard and sell them for a lot cheaper. I will be going to look in there see if I can find anything. Also Ebay is a good one. Gumtree website is good too or can you join your local freecycle group?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
i'll be 38 weeks on monday! we got a lot of our stuff second hand. also, it's okay to let people know if you need things. rich's family gave us a lot of the things we need. his co-workers also pitched in to give us a baby swing and a gift certificate but they asked .rich if there was anything we needed first. he told them what they could get. same with .rich's family and my mom. they are all going in on some furniture and my mom is buying our stroller/car seat. plus, once you actually have the baby, people will be showing up out of nowhere with gifts. people love giving gifts for a baby. i hope you're able to get most of it together in time for baby. just prioritize what you really need to have when baby is born and get that stuff first and worry about the other things later, when you get the 500 grant maybe(?).
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Completely understandable....to be honest I think in a lot of people it doesn't really hit them 'til later in the pregnancy. I know it really hit me after I spent hours putting together the baby crib and everything else. It hit me when I stood there and looked at my finished work. Looking around the room I realized that this tiny person was soon to make that his room and I pretty much freaked. I know my cousin said it didn't really hit her until she held her son for the first time and just seeing him jarred a lot of emotions in her....and set her straight about a lot of things in life. A baby is a big change...and when you get closer to the due date and the hormones are all messed up. Everything seems a little overwhelming.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Yeah the others are right too. It will set in, reality, that you are having a baby.

This is my 2nd and still dont believe it lol. Happened faster than we thought would do, 1st go Smile

It is amazing how the little ones grow though from a dot to a baby, it will hit you and you are not alone.

xxx
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Experienced User
it hasnt hit me yet,im 25 weeks with my second lol and hasnt clicked that being pregnant means baby at the end lol
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Lol! Aww thanks ladies.

Who asked how old am I? Laughing I forgot to look at the name. Embarassed I turned 16 a few weeks ago and I'm nearly 30 weeks pregnant with my little girly.

As for getting things for her, I've been lucky enough to have great parents, she has so much clothes, a beautiful white broderie anglaise moses basket, changing mat, bath tub, nappies, wipes, bottles, steriliser, and little wash stuff but its the big stuff I need now.

If I was getting my grant when they said I would I wouldn't need to worry, dads buying my pram 'cos my grandad bought my mum her pram for me. Kinda a tradition. And can you believe I'm having the same pram my mum had for me 16 years ago by mamas and papas only the 16 year later updated edition! Laughing

My parents are giving me some money next weekend to go get her car seat, changing bag etc', we've agreed they'll help me with money for before she's born, and I'll give them back most of the money out of the grant. My parent's can't have anymore babies so they want to more than anything, but still, I feel mean. lol.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Hiya

Was me who asked how old you are, just with you saying you're young. I wouldn't worry, people have babies younger than what you are. I had a miscarriage at 16, so if I hadn't I would have been a Mum too. There is nothing wrong with being a young Mum or older Mum, you'll be doing the hardest and best job in the world so dont let anyone put you down, if you hear comments (which I do even at 24!) just ignore them, they're usually people who have no other interests in their life.

OOOh what pram are you getting? I really want one that is a lay down one, one of the old fashioned ones, only cant as have to get a one hand fold as go on the bus and has to be compatible with a buggy board, so im probably getting a Maclaren one which is new out, has a car seat attached. We have all other big things from 1st baby.

Oh and I really wouldn't worry about your parents splashing out, I bet they are loving it. Lol I saw a totally different side to Dad when I conceived first, he was buying more than my Mum lol. Now they all are the same, I have 2 Sisters and a Brother and they love buying him stuff now.

Go for a sexing scan today so no doubt when the sex has been confirmed they will be out buying more stuff lol.

Really dont feel guilty, they will not buy if they do not want to, people love babies and love buying, its the best part lol. Enjoy.

Are you still with your babies Dad or does he want to get involved?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey,

No, baby's dad is a loser, we've broke up a million times in 2 years. Apparently he just doesn't know what he wants, so I'm kinda at a distance with him.

I'm getting the Mamas And Papas Pliko Prammette. Laughing It's loverly!

Thanks for what you said.Smile
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Aww im sorry to hear he is such a loser. My friend has been on and off with her babies dad for 3yrs, her oldest is nearly 3 and youngest 20months. You will do fine. She copes without him now and does very well. She is 23.

OOOH i want that pram. Partner wont let me lol. Na couldnt manage as need buggy board for my son and it wont go on prop to that. is a gorg pram though.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Lol! I just found out my pram has a buggy board attached to it already! Ha! Laughing
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey Lauren,
Im 30 weeks today and i can totally relate to what your sayin!! It's taken this long for it to finally hit!! now im very nervous about giving birth I have NO CLUE what to expect, but i'm just preparing myself for the worst, so incase its bad i kind of expected it! So what is your due date?? .....I didnt know you were 16! Well i understand how your feeling totally since were about the same time frame......
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Experienced User
My due date is September the 18th. So that means yours would be September the 15? We're pretty close then, I'm 30 weeks on Monday.

Yep, I'm 16. And yea, its weird how it starts to hit you then bang suddenly its so overwhelming. Paige is kicking like a crazy bean today, lol.

And don't even talk to me about giving birth, I'm terrified. I'm opting for the birthing pool, gas and air and then if it gets too painful I'm open minded for medication. I'd rather Paige come into a peaceful world, not one of me screaming and crying to "get this baby out of me" kinda world. So pain relief may be on the cards, but I'll go as long as I can in the pool with gas and air. Laughing
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...