Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

first month of the pill !

This is my first month of the pill. I have not missed a pill at all and taken them all on time. Tonight i took my 4th non active placebo pill, and i still have not had my period. Is it possible to start your period late while on the placebo pills, or to miss your period completely?(since it is my first month) I am just worried

ps. I have been having some cramping the last 3-4 days
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Anne123
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Yes, it is possible to start bleeding late into your placebo or pill-free week. It's very common, especially in the first few months of taking the pill. Likely the cramping means you will start bleeding very soon.

Regardless of when you start bleeding make sure to start the next pack on time. It's okay to start the next pack even if you haven't stopped bleeding, and it's very important to stay on schedule.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...