hi,, i am 17 and i cant go 2 sleep at say,,, 10 o clock.. i want 2, but i cant. my idea is 2 take sleeping pills, but my parents are against it.. are sleeping pills harmless or can i take them for a while so ill be fit and not still tired when i wake up?

Italian
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
I'm the exact same way. I'm 17 as well and usually take Tylenol PM every single night because if I don't, it takes me like an hour to fall asleep. It's best not to take over the counter sleep aids every night as you can grow dependant (too late for me). So talk to a doctor and get a prescription that doesn't have the risk of dependancy.
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Experienced User
I have taken ambien in the past and found that it works well to get you to sleep it is a non dependant drug so it should help you out. Talk to your doctor about your problem and see what he says
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
take tylonol PM

lol
hope it works
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
you could also try focusing more on something of interest other than actually falling asleep Smile i have always found myself making it harder to fall asleep by focusing on when i will fall asleep Smile if that makes sense Smile
|

replied September 26th, 2007
I used to find it hard to sleep when i was around 13-16 too

Now at 21, ive just found out the experiences ive been having since jan this year is sleep paralysis................. freaks me out a bit
|