User Profile
at my 20week scan i was told that i was having a boy... but latley ive been startin to panic thinkin im goin 2 have a girl, ive been dreaming about it and everything! just want to know if anyone knows what the percentage is off how sure the scan can be! i keep thinking bout it i swear im losing the plot!
xx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Baby Sex
Well I know that it's the same for me. Though it's not something that I worry about. In a book I was reading about pregnancy it said that you will have all sorts of weird dreams. I was the same way for a while....but by looking at my ultrasound I know that there is no possibility of it being wrong. Lets just say that my little guy let it all show. Though I know there is a chance of them being wrong. Just not a high one. Who knows you could be in that small percentage. If your having doubts ask your doctor to check again. Maybe that will give you some kind of a relief.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
You're not alone.

I have a little boy already. I have been told this one is a girl. Now I don't believe it so I am going for another scan today, am really feeling sick about it.

Its the fact that he said last time 'I think its a girl'. I think, I wanna be sure. So freaked me out.

Had my scan at 19wks, so nearly 10wks ago and have been fretting ever since. We are paying for scan today.

I will let you know outcome later Confused
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Mine is a girl, 100%, they took a pic of her bits too so I know for sure hehe.

Is great, so I wouldnt worry, they prob have it right. xxx
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Accuracy of Gender Scanning
laydeekhan wrote:
at my 20week scan i was told that i was having a boy... but latley ive been startin to panic thinkin im goin 2 have a girl, ive been dreaming about it and everything! just want to know if anyone knows what the percentage is off how sure the scan can be! i keep thinking bout it i swear im losing the plot!
xx

Well I'm 36 weeks along and still confused about the gender of my baby. The first 3 ultrasounds were done at 5, 7 and 8 1/2 months along in my pregnancy and all 3 doctors said I was having a "girl". I moved out of state since then and got a new Dr. and he took my 4th ultrasound and showed me what looked like a scrotum and indeed it did. That 4th Dr. was rude and looked unsure of its gender but told me that "it looks obvious and convincing to me that, that there is a scrotum" so... he basically said to me its a "boy" but who really knows for sure. Now I'm all confused and I hope its still a girl cuz I have a whole nursery set full of girl stuff lol. If it's a boy then I'm just concerned about his "bits" because his "bits" should have showed up a long time ago I think... Well I guess I'll be finding out anyday now! Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...