Hi,

Usually i don't get like this but i'll start from the beginning. I don't usually get headaches, especially ones that last a while. I've been having these headaches for the past 2 weeks. But the aches only occur on the right side of my head, around the temple area. Lately it's moved to the top eyebrow area of my right eye.

Now it's not a constant headache, it just occurs from time to time but it's been persistent for 2 weeks and that's never happened to me before. Also, i dunno why but i just feel...weird. I don't want to commit myself and say that i feel a pressure in my head but i just feel something there. Like an awareness of sensation...I dunno if i'm jumping to conclusions, but reading up on symptoms of brain tumours i think i may've either scared myself or i dunno...

I've scheduled an appointment with my GP but i'm still concerned i guess...Do i have a right to be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Hey,

I read your post and i just wanted to let you know, I have been suffering from the exact (and i mean exact) same kinds of headaches you are describing for almost two years now. Out of nowhere, I'll gradually get this headache centered around my right eye (eyebrow especially) that doesn't make me nauseous or light headed or anything, it just hurts. I'm a huge hypochondriac, and I would read about brain tumors and scare myself so bad that I would have panic attacks.

Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and I got a CAT scan done, which found nothing. I saw about 4 different doctors who told me not to worry; what made me feel better, and what should make you feel a little better, is that there are a lot of bad symptoms other than headaches that are tell-tale of brain tumors (and i'm guessing you're not having anything else strange other than headaches) such as vomiting, dizziness, loss of sensation in limbs, etc.

To make yourself feel better, I would say definitely go to a doctor, you have every right to be concerned about your own body. But I just wanted to tell you I have been having that same kind of headache (comes and goes like you said) for almost two years now and I'm fine. Excedrin Migraine has helped me tremendously when I get them.

Anyway, good luck, and don't be too scared -- you're not alone with those headaches.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
try not to be scared until someone takes a pic of your head inside and says there is something to worry about. I have had 1 continueous headache,neck,rtarm pain,along with nausia and vomiting for over 3 years now as well as numbs going down my rt side sometimes just rt side of head other times all they way to my toes. I get sharp pains behind both ears just a little back from the temple and the sharp pain comes every 15-30 seconds and is very deblitating. I stay in bed most days am on fentanyl for the pain. the only thing that helps some what with pain is nerve burns and only forabout 3 months at most and the procedure is very painful and each time for me seems to get worse. but mind happened as a result of a car accident and that I damaged the stablizers in my neck and they did not find this out until 6 months after the accident when the soft tissue damage they said would heal. Do you have any ringing in your ears? sometimes i was told an inner ear problem can effect you that way. Sorry if i am worring you more do not mean to but what my whole point is that eventually you will find yourself adjusting yourself to deal with these headaches. let me know what happens. i wil be praying for you
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2007
Get It Checked Out
until you've had a scan it will be hard to discover what the CAUSE of the ehadaches are. Hopefully there is no problem with the brain itself, it could be caused bu a number of other problems.

1. Too much caffeine or tannins
2. Too much Sugar or products containing sugar
3. A preservative (check a preservative book) lots of them cause headaches that sound like yours (sheck which no. it is) and then eliminate it from your diet. If you still have the headaches after a few weeks, keep searching for the cause
4. Dehydration: your brain is primarily made up of water and it uses hydroelectricity to send messages throughout the body. When your dehydrated your brain shrinks and it hurts (causing headaches) you need to drink .137mls per 1kg of body weight (AS A MINIMUM DAILY AMOUNT) eg if you weigh 60kgs you need to drink = 8 x 250ml glasses of water daily.
5. Cervicle Spine (neck region) may be out, a nerve may be pinched and causing these headaches

There are other factors, but hopefully this has been some help Wink
|

replied July 31st, 2007
Supporter
I have had scans on my head they have found nothing. I just had a CT scan on my neck and my stablizers are damaged. They only way to fix them is surgery. Except no here inWinnipeg will attempt the surgery or so I have been told. To many things ther like my sight, touch, my use of limbs so one wrong oops and I could be even more damaged. Anyone know of a neuro surgeon I could talk to or see about neck surgery.
Do not care where I can not live in this pain anymore. Pain level sitting at 8 right now and I know by the end of August it will be back to 10+++ and waiting for my nerve burns that help some they bring the painlevel down to 4-5 and then the nerve grow back and so far each time they have come back worse than the time before. Also the nerve burns are hurting worse each time as well.
Any advice on this would be great.
taykare
|

replied January 29th, 2013
Hi everyone, lately I have been having a severe headach on the left side to the top of my head and in my forehead, it makes me feel sick to my stomach vision gets blurry . I can't sleep well, or I will wake up in pain. It lasts all day no Advil, or pain meds seem to be working. I have had this now for a month straight any suggestions. Thanks.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....