20 months ago I had a small TIA. Just blanked my memory for about 30 minutes. My husband phoned our Doctor and she said that if I had any more problem, I should visit her surgery. As I was ok I did not immediately go to see her. Friends insisted that I should see a Doctor so I made an appointment. I had a blood test and my cholesteral was 8.5.
I was asked if I would like to be prescribed with cholesteral lowering tablets, and as I was worried about the TIA, I agreed. Since then I have read reports that statins destroy the liver, and now wish that I had not started on them. My cholesteral in down to 5.5. I also take aspirin. I eat a healthy diet, go to a gym 3 times a week and play lawn bowls 3 times a week.

Can I come off the statins or am I on them for life?

JB
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile TMJWorld
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
i dont think you should have to be on them for life. try just slowly weaning yourself off them. i hope that helps. you may want to look into diet changes too and cleansing out your body.,
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hey
dyanmatteson wrote:
i dont think you should have to be on them for life. try just slowly weaning yourself off them. i hope that helps. you may want to look into diet changes too and cleansing out your body.,

How do you cleans out your body?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok
there are a few ways. you can use kombucha or you can go to your local health food store and ask for a total body cleanse. ill see if I can get a do it your self cleanse and ill post it. ok? i hope that helps.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Ok
dyanmatteson wrote:
there are a few ways. you can use kombucha or you can go to your local health food store and ask for a total body cleanse. ill see if I can get a do it your self cleanse and ill post it. ok? i hope that helps.

thank you!
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Here You Go
this is cheaper than going to the store and finding all the pricey products to clean you out.

..there are cleases that take 3 months but that can be pricy.... A good place to start is with what is called the 3 day cleanse. Start with 16oz. of prune juice (pure and not from concentrate..some brands are not true prune juice but a prune and water extract..you dont want that...if you can find a brand with pulp thats great) first thing in the morning, then, 8 oz. of apple juice 30 minutes later, and 8 oz. of distilled water after that; repeating the juice and distilled water each 30 minutes throughout the day. One gallon of apple juice is consumed each day. The juice should be as pure as possible..If you can juice your own great...if not find the purest brand...no added anything..you may have to go to the health food store. Frozen concentrates are not to be used because they have been cooked. If you get too hungry (which most people dont) you can eat some raw apple but you need to make sure to chew it till it is juice. Also each drink you take of juice needs to be chewed and swished around in the mouth in order to mix it with saliva..if not you will miss about 1/3 of the healing properties of the juice. If you dont want to use apple.. you can use grape juice with the same procedure. Only use one kind of fruit for all three days...dont mix apples and grapes etc. Also each of the three days take 1 tablespoon of pure olive oil to lubricate the bile duct. The fourth day start back on solids slow with some soft fruit and then raw vegetables later in the day. Then after that eat as healthy as possible.

Sometimes this give you diarhea pretty bad especially if its your first time...you may want to do it on a few days off work. It is recommeded that it be done once a month. As you cleanse the diarhea will lessen because there will be less toxins in the system. Some people get constipated during the cleanse. If that happens drink more prune juice in addition to the 16oz or get a bowel cleanser from the healthfood store untill you are going again.

if you want info on kombucha I can get that for you too--its stored in my email.
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Here You Go
dyanmatteson wrote:
this is cheaper than going to the store and finding all the pricey products to clean you out.

..there are cleases that take 3 months but that can be pricy.... A good place to start is with what is called the 3 day cleanse. Start with 16oz. of prune juice (pure and not from concentrate..some brands are not true prune juice but a prune and water extract..you dont want that...if you can find a brand with pulp thats great) first thing in the morning, then, 8 oz. of apple juice 30 minutes later, and 8 oz. of distilled water after that; repeating the juice and distilled water each 30 minutes throughout the day. One gallon of apple juice is consumed each day. The juice should be as pure as possible..If you can juice your own great...if not find the purest brand...no added anything..you may have to go to the health food store. Frozen concentrates are not to be used because they have been cooked. If you get too hungry (which most people dont) you can eat some raw apple but you need to make sure to chew it till it is juice. Also each drink you take of juice needs to be chewed and swished around in the mouth in order to mix it with saliva..if not you will miss about 1/3 of the healing properties of the juice. If you dont want to use apple.. you can use grape juice with the same procedure. Only use one kind of fruit for all three days...dont mix apples and grapes etc. Also each of the three days take 1 tablespoon of pure olive oil to lubricate the bile duct. The fourth day start back on solids slow with some soft fruit and then raw vegetables later in the day. Then after that eat as healthy as possible.

Sometimes this give you diarhea pretty bad especially if its your first time...you may want to do it on a few days off work. It is recommeded that it be done once a month. As you cleanse the diarhea will lessen because there will be less toxins in the system. Some people get constipated during the cleanse. If that happens drink more prune juice in addition to the 16oz or get a bowel cleanser from the healthfood store untill you are going again.

if you want info on kombucha I can get that for you too--its stored in my email.

Great thank you
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
no problem thats what im here for :)you need anything you know where to find me.
|