Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Lump In Right Breast

Hello ladies,

I have just turned 40 yrs old. My very best friend lost her battle to breast cancer 2 yrs ago.At the very young age of 38.

Ever since then I have been very aware of checking my breast's,
three days ago I found a large soft movable lump in my right breast, not painfull but feels large, well large to me about size of 50 pence piece.Hard to tell mind as when touch it moves around.

My Doctor has senn me this morning, he thought it was about 2 cm but hard to tell as mentiond it was very free to move around.
Am waiting now for MRI and biopsy. Told 7-10 days.mean while as you all know the wait hmmmmmmmm. I have a 2 yrs old boy, who we all adore, but I keep going somewhere else in my head, I relly dont know where to turn, I have read lots of posts, and keep telling myself things will all be fine. But im up and down, there is no family history of B C.

Its has been a bumoy ride these last few 27 months, my Mum took herlife just before my little boy was born. I have found it very hard to deal with.She was ill for some time, depression etc. She lay on a train track, no more to be said.
Any support welcome, with ref to the waiting game, appontment MRI.thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
(hugs) waiting is the hardest part!
|

replied October 30th, 2007
Re: Lump In Right Breast
Did they give you a mammgram or ultrasound? If not why are they doing a MRI of the breast? Biopsies are mostly done under an ultrasound or a stereotactic core needle biopsy. Some are done excisional... Just curious. I hope all is well. I know waiting is hard to do..
|

replied May 4th, 2009
waiting too
hi i know what your going through i went to my doc who found a 2cmx2cm lump hard but same as yourself only slightly moving am waiting know nearly two weeks for appoiment as ia m only twenty nine i am not a high risk sick of waiting just want to even get a date might calm me down abit fingers crossed i hear something tomorrow sounds like you will be seen soon well hopefull we both have nothing to worrie about
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....