Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Blood Work Doesnt Match Leukema

Recently my 28 year old brother had pre-liminary diagnosis of leukemia- the odd thing is the dr sent his test to a larger facility because he has a 60,000 wbc- however all his other blood tests are normal... They said all they see from the bone marrow is mature blasts nothing else.. Has anyone ever heard of anything simliar - --- or had diagnosis simliar- is this just an early early stage of leukemia- he doesnt have any of the systems either.. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Ellapudge
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
If other tests are normal then it can be leukemoid reaction.
It occurs in infection,stress,certain drugs and para neoplastic phenomenon.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.