User Profile
Would/do you have a problem with your teenager getting a job? If so, at what age do you feel this is appropriate?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile mc4ever02
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well I sure won't have a problem with my kid getting a job, I think it's a great thing for a teenager to work and kind of see what it's going to be like to get up and go to work (even though they don't have to pay bills and stuff)

the only problem I'd have with it is if they scheduled them for too many hours. My friend worked at a fast food restaurant and she worked every single day until 1 in the morning and she had to get up for school the next day and get out and go straight to work and work until 1 in the morning again. that wouldn't fly with me Laughing
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Laughing of course my child would need to get a job at 16 and start saving up to get out of my house.

i will have the 90 day rule. 90 days after you turn 18 get out!!! Laughing

i was joking Smile

my child could get a job if they want as long as it dont affect their grades.
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think that's a great, marvelous, wonderful idea! As long as they aren't spending their money on weed, like many of my friends did. I started working at 16. I think that kids can start working when they are mature enough to handle it.

chase, you made me laugh!
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Supporter
I had my first part tiem job at 14 and by the time i was 15 i was working two part time jobs, i only stopped at 26 ish weeks because my back was so bad
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
in our household its either extra curricular activities(sports, clubs, whatever) or a part time job. I think it teaches responsibility and for a kid to have more appreciation for money.
that being said, i still want my teenager to have a childhood and still to be able to have fun so not too many hours.
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My daughter was 16 when she got her job. Here, a child in school can only work 18 hours a week during school. No more than 4 hours on a school day and no later than 9:00pm on a school night. Holidays they can work 8 hours a day, but not past 9:00pm. In the summer they can work when ever and up to 40 hours a week.

Guidance offices are usually very stringent with working teens and if grades suffer they are supposed to be in contact with the parent. That is what good guidance offices do anyway.

I think it's great for her to work. I make sure she has everything she needs, and working ensures she has everything she wants.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....