Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Abortion at twenty weeks

An abortion at 20+ weeks is not much different than an early abortion, except that the preganncy is more advanced.

They use suction aspiration to suction the pregnancy, and they also use forcepts and a curette to ensure that all tissue is removed so that no comlications occur.

You can be put to sleep for this.

Different clinics have different prices.

gynpages.com

Has lists of clinic and their websites, you can see how much it costs here.

Some states, if you are willing to travel, offer lower cost later abortion services.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Abortion at 20 weeks and more,is definitely more risky than an early trimester abortion.It is not advisable to opt for a late abortion process,if you have the chance earlier.if you abort it,abort it at an earliest.Less risk,less complication.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Medical Abortion , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.