Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Sick And Tired of Being Sick And Tired ...

User Profile
I have fibromyalgia as well as suspected RLS. I have been suffering from the latter for nearly two years, and since the FMS began bothering me, it has become simply unbearable. My legs ache and disturb me constantly,I cannot rest because of them (When I get to stage 4 sleep, I jerk and get pulled out of it!),and I'm sick of it.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Rls
I feel for you as I know exactly what you are going through. I am going through this but it has also started in my arms as well, I just went for a sleep study last night but had to leave because I was in so much pain and wasn't able to take the pain relievers that make the symptoms a little less painful. I believe that I have much more than RLS but have yet to find any answers. Have you tried the new medication Requip for RLS/ I know a lot of people that have gotten much relief from it. I took it and all it did was not help my symptoms and make me feel like I was on fire. But like I said everyone else that I know that have taken this have full relief from their symptoms. There is also a medication (that of course didn't help me Sad that is for parkinsons that helped my husband. Have you talked to you doctor about it? As him if there are any meds that may work for you. I am sorry that I can't help you any more but I do wish you relief and peaceful sleep soon. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...