Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

So ... Lets Play a Game (Page 1)

User Profile
When is little miss .Mika coming then? I was so so so sure it was going to be yesterday (24th) but nope it's now 7.59am on the 25th and she's still here Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
How are you feeling today??
I think she will come within the next 2-3 days, maybe not even that long, definately before the month of June is over Smile
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
did i say the 25th before? i cant remember..
im thinking the 26th.. i dont know why and im probably wrong lol.
but im sending wishful thoughts your way
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
I'm feeling ok, my back really really hurts and i didn't get a great nights sleep last night because whenever i layed on my side she stuck a foot out Rolling Eyes and i had a really horrible dream that really upset me Sad My sister says the 26th too and so does .Dom, i've got an appointment with the midwife on the 26th and she'll offer me a sweep and it's becoming very tempting to take up that offer
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Ah I am sorry you didnt rest well. What is a sweep?
I hope she comes soon.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
were you thinking about not taking her up on it?
sweeping your membranes is totally natural and would hopefully help move things along.. why would you not want to?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
vanessalouanne wrote:
were you thinking about not taking her up on it?
sweeping your membranes is totally natural and would hopefully help move things along.. why would you not want to?

Because even though it is natural i really wanted to just do it all by myself, when i thought that i clearly didn't know how much discomfort i'd be in by now Laughing
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lol.. well here is hoping that it does happen completely on its own but if for whatever reason it doesnt and you have to have some medical intervention for the sake of the baby's health (like going to far over your due date) or if you do need medication i hope you wont be hard on yourself.
sometimes we dont have much of a choice in things.. although i do think mika is going to be here any day now..

and isnt it funny.. no one can tell you what it feels like to be 9 months pregnant lol.
you just have to experience it to know what its like.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Ah, I understand. Seems like it would definately help things along and she could be here by tomorrow maybe. I want to go the all natural route as well when I start to have children.
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
vanessalouanne wrote:
lol.. well here is hoping that it does happen completely on its own but if for whatever reason it doesnt and you have to have some medical intervention for the sake of the baby's health (like going to far over your due date) or if you do need medication i hope you wont be hard on yourself.
sometimes we dont have much of a choice in things.. although i do think mika is going to be here any day now..

and isnt it funny.. no one can tell you what it feels like to be 9 months pregnant lol.
you just have to experience it to know what its like.

That's why i'm hoping i don't go over 41 weeks because from 41 weeks the placenta doesn't work as well as it used to
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i dont know why but i really dont think that you will.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey good luck with everything Danni, Im sure she will be here soon Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
vanessalouanne wrote:
i dont know why but i really dont think that you will.

the longest anyone's ever been pregnant in my family is 41 weeks 1 day so i'm hoping i follow the trend Laughing And i have good news, well it's good news to me atleast. Dom's mum went away for the weekend to her sister's and last night .Dom text me saying that she's bought something for .Mika *yay* makes a big difference from her shouting at me to have an abortion across the street
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
isnt it funny how when the baby comes or is getting close to coming people all of a sudden get excited and supportive.. i bet shell have no problem holding that little baby in her arms, regardless of any nasty things she may had said..
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
vanessalouanne wrote:
eww what a health forum
isnt it funny how when the baby comes or is getting close to coming people all of a sudden get excited and supportive.. i bet shell have no problem holding that little baby in her arms, regardless of any nasty things she may had said..

She'll have no problem at all Laughing it will be a little awkward to begin with but i was always hoping that his parents would come around and i guess one out of two isn't bad. I just wanted .mika to have the chance to see all of her family because i didn't want her to turn around one day and ask me why they don't want to see her and have to explain all the horrible things they said
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i think reality just needs to hit them... they need to realize that this baby isnt going anywhere.. and she will be their blood forever.. plus, if they want any sort of a relationship with their son they need to accept it and move on.

ahh that must be so rough.. i dont understand how some people can be so pig headed and stupid!
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
We know that there's no way his dad will ever want to be involved, he didn't care about his own children, he took dom out twice in his life, once to the pub and the second time to his work. infact his parents made a deal before having kids, only his mum wanted them so he said that he's get her pregnant but she needs to stay at home to look after them and not have a job Rolling Eyes I'm just happy that his mum wants to see her, because as much as i disagree with what she's said in the past she is a nice woman
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
ooo sweeping the membranes is painful....and thats from someone who didnt take anything during back labor lol

not trying to scare you out of it (i had it done twice the thursday or friday before i had her then in the hospital a few hours before) its not that bad just be prepaired it does hurt

and dont worry if you do go more then a week, i went 6 days over and the pedi that saw her right after said she was right on time, so even though it was a week after my due date she was actualy 40 weeks not 41

good luck

~alicia~
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
yeah the due date isn't exactly when they should come out anyway is it? i'm actually expecting to go over because i know when i conceived and it doesn't really match the whole lmp thing, but the doctor went by that anyway. she didn't even ask me if i knew when i conceived. not every woman has a perfect 28 day cycle. when i'm not on the pill my cycle is really long so it's possible that i ovulate 3, not 2 weeks after my period. if i go over i'm going to make sure the doc knows that and takes it into consideration before inducing me unnecessarily.
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2007
Supporter
it is only mildly discomfort with it . feels just like a normal pelvic exam im shooting for the 26th come on mika lets see that beautiful angelic face of yours.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...