Ok, I should probably just go to the doctor but for some reason the prospect of that is terrifying so I'm hoping that someone can either give me some information that will ease my mind or possibly scare me enough that I'll actually GO to the doc.

Some background...

I was seriously obese for probably the last 18 years or so. Needless to say, I didn't have periods for most of that time, but in the last couple of years I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, and my periods returned and had been mostly regular for about a year.

I've always heard that girls will cycle around each other if they spend enough time together. Probably in the last 12 months or so, I started spending a lot of time with my best friend and as a result, my cycle was all screwed up. It started by me missing a period entirely, then I started having them at the same time as her. Well, over the last probably 6 months I slowly began returning to my own regular cycle at the beginning of the month, but NOW I have been getting my period twice a month for about 3 months now. Once at the beginning of the month when I would always have my cycle, and now on about the 15th when she has hers! What is going on?? I would be terrified if they weren't so regular, but it's really like clockwork. Could my body just be especially prone to getting thrown off by other women? I am really getting sick of this twice a month thing... maybe my body is just paying me back for skipping periods for 15 years, haha!

Probably not something to make light of... but I'm just trying not to freak out. I get all the normal period symptoms, boobs are sore, cramps, crankiness... help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Multiple periods in a month can occur. What can regulate this? Birth control pills! Smile

Going to a doctor, especially an ob-gyn is nothing to be terrified of. They tend to be very nice and caring. I've been to one at a private college clinic and I've been to ones at planned parenthoods. PP isn't just for pregnant ladies you know! It's for preventing that, too!

Your doctor can examine you and determine why you're having multiple periods, then he or she can prescribe the best birth control medicine to control it.

Please don't be scared. More often than not, doctors fix things, not break them. It's their job.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...