I was just wondering how anti abortion you guys are ( for the pro lifers) I will ask:
if you found out that u were having a baby with sever mental or physical disabilities would you have an abortion........
If ( god forbid) you became pregnant from unconsentual sex would you have an abortion........
I have a reason for asking and I will post it after people reply (if they do)
its not because these things have/are happening to me......
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
To the first question yes I would have an abortion if the child had sever mental deficiencies, and could not function at all on their own but they would have to be severe. And as for the non consentual sex I have been raped and while not a pleasant experience and something no woman should have to endure, I went to the docs the day after and had the morning after pill, to prevent any such occurances. But there would be circumstances which I would follow which would govern my decision if this were to ever happen again.

From someone who cant wait to have a jellybean all of their own
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't think I would be able to keep the child for eighter question. For the first one, because I don't think that I would be ab;t to finiacially support a child with a disabilty. But if I could afford it then yes I would keep the child, also depending what the disability is. For the second question I wouldn't be able to keep the child because I think I would resent the child or maybe probably even hate it. As for adoption I could never have achild ot there some where in the world, wheter it was wanted or not. I wouldn't feel right.

Brenda
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wow this is a hard one because there are certain things that I believe in and I dont believe in. Lemme think....

1) I guess it would depend on what was wrong, I mean there is a chance for a medical breakthrough everyday. I think that if it was just something small then I would keep my child and I would make sure that many different caregivers trained surrounded him to help him. I would want to give him a chanc.E but if he suffered from like sever mental retardation, I think that I would have to have an ....... I dont even wanna say the word.

Personal note:
it is hard for me to talk about things like that because I think it is sick what people do. I mean some people (nobody that I know of on the boards) but some people will go out and have unprotected sex all the time, end up pregnant, and have numerous ..... How many lives have to be lost? I think that there should be a law on how many you are allowed to have.

2)i to have been raped. I think that I would have an .... In this case. I know a girl, she is like a cousin to me, she was raped by her brother in law and had the baby. But what will she tell that little girl when she gets older "your uncle is your father" can you imagine? But then again now that I think about it. I cant answer this question because I dont know. I guess it would depend on a couple of things, do I know the person? Is this person related to me? How did this happen? Will I resent this child? Am I ready? Can I handle this? And many more questions following. Gosh I dont know.

God bless our little angels!!
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Abortion
Here's my answers:
if you found out that u were having a baby with severe mental or physical disabilities would you have an abortion: no way-my cousin is down syndrome & while most people would abort,her mom chose to keep her & she is such a joy to them. I would never abort my baby just because it wasnt 'perfect'
if ( god forbid) you became pregnant from unconsentual sex would you have an abortion: my heart says that i'd say no to abortion but u never know how you'd feel in that case Crying or Very sad but please god that'll never happen.
I hate when people have abortions for crap reasons like
"i cant afford to bring up a child"
"im only young & I want to have a life first" or
"we didnt use anything...It was in the heat of the moment"
the above are not good enough excuses for abortions-that is just my view
liz
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I guess im not too sure. It would depend on exactly what was wrong and how jesse felt about it too.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2004
Advanced Support Team
1) if the child has severe mental or physicall problems, I think I would have to abort it. Now this is hard for me to say because I am very very against abortion. I just feel that a child like that would suffer his/her whole life. And they would probably be better of not being born. Crying or Very sad

2) I would keep the child if I was raped. Whether the child was meant to be concieved or not it deserves a chance at life. If I was raped by a family member (oh lets pray no one ever is) I would abort it because there are chances that it would be severely deformed from incest. And like I said in question 1, I think the child would suffer if it lived.

~sara~
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
So why do you ask??
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2004
Advanced Support Team
I think you have good reasoning jen, but do you think someone would really adopt a child w/severe mental or physical problems?? I am not saying this to be snotty....I have actually wondered that for quite some time.

~sara~
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im with jen and liz. I dont care what the circumstance the baby is mine and there is no reason to abort it. I would love it no matter what. Thats why we have unconditional love for babies. I wouldnt care if my baby had 3 legs, its still a blessing from god and if god did want me to have a baby then it would not have happened. God forbid those things ever happen to me (id like to carry pepper spray to that 2nd question lol) but if they did, id have it no matter what problem came my way.
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
If you found out that u were having a baby with sever mental or physical disabilities would you have an abortion........
It all depends on how bad it is..I am agaisnt it totally but if it is really bad I would abort it..

If ( god forbid) you became pregnant from unconsentual sex would you have an abortion........
I would keep it. It isnt the babys fault how it came onto this world.
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
In both situations I would keep the baby. I dont believe in abortion.
Shannon
p.S. But if I was raped im not sure if I would be able to raise the child. I dont want to take anything out on that child so id probably give it up for adoption (btw, there is nothing wrong with adoption! Many loving people out there cant have kids of their own..Without adoption, there would be miilions of kids dying of starvation and other horrible things)
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with nikki and shannon-people never think about adoption!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...