Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Urinary Frequency - 19 Year Old

For the last 5 days I've been having more and more urge to urinate. So I went to the doctor thinking I had some infection in my bladder but the microbiological examination of my urine stated otherwise; protein, glucose and blood were all negative and epithelial cells, casts and crystals were non-existent. Also my leucocytes and red cells were below 10 (<10 x 10^6/L)

It seems to be getting better but it's still there. Health wise I'm OK, I drink a lot of coke and I've been under a lot of stress. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Have you been drinking more soda, coffee, tea, or alcohol than usual? All of those can act as diuretics, which means they tend to make people urinate more frequently.
|

replied June 20th, 2007
I've been having a lot of coke but that has been the situation for the last 4/5 years, unless my excessive drinking has finally caught up to me right now I don't think it's anything I'm having that's causing my problems.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
So it sounds like you were checked for a uti and for diabetes, and both came back negative? I am not sure what might be causing your problem then.

When I was a kid, I could pee like once or twice a day. When I was your age, I started peeing more. Now, I pee like every other hour. Laughing Maybe we're just getting old, or maybe all of that not peeing enough caught up to me. Laughing Soda never used to make me pee much at all. Now if I have one with dinner, I pee all night like a little old lady. Soon it'll be "no liquids after 6pm" for me. Laughing
|
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....