yeah, i know this isn't about lung cancer, but i had no idea where else to post. well, i had a partial lung collapse (spontaneous) about two weeks ago. i was in the hospital for about 2 days (with the freakin tube stuck inside me) and my CT scan showed NO complications whatsoever. On july 19th, i am planning on going to SIX FLAGS (woo!), but I am wondering, is it safe to ride rollercoasters? Doc said that i can't scubadive or skydive, but I'm wondering if rollercoasters could affect the pressure on my body and maybe trigger another collapse. In my opinion, i dont think my lung will collapse. last week, i started going back to working out and playing tennis and i feel completely fine. online, there have been articles saying how people usually have trouble breathing after a collpase, but because mine was so minor, i breathe perfectly fine (ive never smoked in my life and don't plan on it).

soooo, can i ride rollercoasters?

thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2007
can anyone please answer my question? thanks!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2007
hi i wouldnt do it if you decide to do it i would ask your doctor or go to the hospital and just check

i hope i have helped
|
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....