Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia Symptoms ?

I am a 33 yo male who has been generally healthy up until about a year ago. For the past year I have become more and more fatigued; just basically no energy. I saw a doctor for an unrelated problem (sudden rapid heart rate) that was diagnosed as benign. However, the bloodwork showed that my white cell count was significantly raised at 18. The dr. didn't seem too concerned and sent me on my way. I later developed a pain in my side under my ribs where the spleen is located. It lasted for about 2 months and seemed to go away. I had started to be concerned but when it went away I put it out of my mind. Another episode of svt sent me to the dr. again. Still it was determined to be no big deal but the bloodwork showed I still had a high white cell count at 16. I didn't tell him about the pain as it was gone then. Then pain has returned after 2 months of being gone. I am still exhausted as usual with the pain and headaches now and a general achiness. My question is would an enlarged spleen from leukemia or other cancer come and go like that? Are my symptoms indicative of leukemia? Any ifo will be helpful. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
No,leukemia symptoms are not coming and go like this way,rather they are worsening and increasing in severity without treatment.
Your symptoms are not of leukemia.
I would advise you to have workup for infectious cause and chronic fatigue syndrome.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied March 14th, 2018
Experienced User
Leukemia can also cause symptoms in organs that have been infiltrated or affected by the cancer cells. For example, if the cancer spreads to the central nervous system, it can cause headaches, nausea and vomiting, confusion, loss of muscle control, and seizures.
|

replied August 22nd, 2018
Leukemia symptoms can be vary according to its type. Here are the common symptoms of Leukemia:
1.Weakness
2.Weight loss
3.Fever
4.Red Spots on skin
5.Sweating at night
6.Pain in bones
7.Liver enlargement
To prevent diseases like Leukemia complete body checkup on regular basis is necessary.
|

replied April 16th, 2019
28 half years later.
Why are people replying to a post from almost 12 years ago? Hell, the person has probably either long since died or found out it was nothing and got over it more than a decade ago.
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2019
Experienced User
Leukemia is a type of cancer that affects the blood and bone marrow. Leukemia begins in a cell in the bone marrow. The cell undergoes a change and becomes a type of leukemia cell. Once the marrow cell undergoes a leukemic change, the leukemia cells may grow and survive better than normal cells.
|
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.