User Profile
I'm officially having a bad year. My gram died (well right before Christmas really), Joe died, my mum died, my cousin just died three days ago and now I just found out that one of my uncles is in the beginning stages of kidney failure due to complications from diabetes. With the new chu fiasco and finding out that one of my husband's nephews (the one that I actually like) has been being sexually abused for years I'm about to lose it. I'm so angry right now and I want to just scream but I'm afraid that if I start I won't be able to stop. This is the worst year of my life and to think that I was actually excited about it, and convinced that my life was going to change for the better. I wanted to get help because I've been having panic attacks again but no regular doctor will treat me because they are saying that the attacks have nothing to do with depression and everything to do with grief. They suggest that I just give myself time to get over dealing with so many deaths. Grrrrrr!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
grief can lead to or make depression worse and anxiety and depression are definitely related. can't the doctors at least suggest someone who can help? like grief counselling or something? that just sounds silly to say just get over it. of course you need time but you also need help when dealing with that many blows in such a small time period. you have every right to ask for help and it shows your maturity and wisdom that you did. i would try another doctor and maybe look into some grief counselling. you shouldn't have to deal with this on your own when there are resources out there to help you. there are caring people who want to help someone in your situation, you just need to find the right doctor to refer you to the proper services. are you involved in church at all? they can also be a good resource when you are going through a difficult time. i really hope things start to look up for you soon. death is a natural part of life but so many in one year is definitely enough to overwhelm the strongest people. be strong, try to stay positive and don't forget all the good things in your life.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm going to start going back to church more frequently. I try to stay as positive as I can. I'm feeling really guilty because I skipped my cousin's wake and funeral. I just couldn't go to another one, you know?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm really sorry you are having so much bad luck. Sad

i probably completely missed a post- but did you and your hubby get back together?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
beckster06 wrote:
I'm really sorry you are having so much bad luck. Sad

i probably completely missed a post- but did you and your hubby get back together?

Yeah, we've been back together for a while now. He's actually been really great and supportive. If it wasn't for him and Chu I'd be a lot worse off right now.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
wow,I don't know how I mised this post! I'm sosrry you have to go through all that.My nana passing was enough for me for a long time so I can't imagine how horrible you must feel.I hope you can get some help or soemthing girl.Maybe try yoga or something calming! That might help.Remember,we are always here for you!
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My mother-in-law passed away last week, so I kinda know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon. Chu needs a happy momma. Things will get better I'm sure especially if you start going to church more. That's something I need to start doing too. Smile
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'm so sorry, kay. we're always here for you!
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hey!!! I"m sooo sorry that you're having such a horrible year. I don't think it could get any worse. You've been through soooo much!

You're such a strong woman, .k. I think church will help *a lot*! Just knowing that there is someone *always* listening helps.

Crying or Very sad

I miss you so much! Crying or Very sad

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry .Kay! I totally understand! You seem like such a great person! Know that we are here for you!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...