Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Should I get emergency contrceptive ?

I have missed 4 pills wed-today. Since it's sunday I plan on taking the pill. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on friday and I really just kept forgetting to take my pills which I never usually do..what are the chances of me getting pregant? Should I get emergency contrceptive?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Get emergency contraception!

Then you can start a new pack of pills asap, but you have to take them for 7 full days in order to be protected.

This is the general advice for when women miss 3-4 pills.
|

replied June 17th, 2007
I plan on going to get the emergency contraceptive, but do you think i'll most likely be ok, i took 6 pills prior to missing my 4 and i'm honestly freaking out
|

replied June 17th, 2007
You should probably look into something like the ring. I can't believe you missed four days and still had sex.
|

replied June 17th, 2007
um.. i missed two days (didnt realize it since i was so busy i just kept forgetting) had sex and then missed two more. Im well aware that it was stupid. i have never forgotten before but my life has been so stressful and hectic i dont know what i was thinking. today when i went to take my pill, it was then that i realized that i was still on wed not sunday.
|

replied June 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Something like plan b or another morning after pill should work as of right now, hopefully.

Perhaps a ring would work better for you, even if your life ends up settling back down.
|

replied June 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
IF you have a planned parenthood near you, you can just walk in and buy emergency contraception for pretty cheap. OR you can go to ANY pharmacy, except wal mart, and buy it over the counter.

You are in the US, right?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
I got plan b yesterday and took it immediately, so it was just a few hrs over the 24 hrs range, not 72. I'm still so nervous. I'm going to my gyno thursday, but i am still freaking out.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
elisk867 wrote:
I got plan b yesterday and took it immediately, so it was just a few hrs over the 24 hrs range, not 72. I'm still so nervous. I'm going to my gyno thursday, but i am still freaking out.

I wouldn't freak out now that you've taken the plan-b. Just wait for your period to come. Are you still taking the pills? It's safe to use plan b with the pills, and you can help yourself be protected for the rest of the month. Birth control won't hurt a developing zygote either, just for future reference. Neither will plan b. So if a girl is already pregnant, neither medicine is going to get rid of the developing baby.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
also, your period this month might be a little weird, don't let it freak you out. And there are lots of easier to remember options, even when your life gets hectic, the ring, the shot, the patch, an iud, they are perfectly easy to use.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
i missed my pill thurs and fri. i took two on saturday. i took sat and sunday pills, on sunday, but had sex with bf, unprotected.

i went about 30 min later to get plan b and took it at like 3:30pm, and woke up 3:30 am to take the second dose.

im a worry wort, i am still worried. i have been on the pill for over a year. i occasionally miss a day nut never two in a row.

i am scared. i think i wont be prego. i'll know for sure when my next period comes. i will not be having sex until after that!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...