Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Finn's Crawling! (Page 1)

but only backwards.

Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That's what Ava did before going frontwards. Give it time.
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i can't believe how fast he can go. then he'll back into a wall and i think he'll realize he can push off it and go forward, but instead he turns himself around and backs right up.
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That's funny. I've read that some babies do that instead. She went backward for like 2 days, then forward and now she's the energizer bunny.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
haha he's special, i love him.
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oni did the same thing!

Sarah
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
haha oh man, funny little finn! good job, smart boy.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
aww how much fun, now hes gonna get into all sorts of stuff, jordynne just starting moving around , she does an army crawl pulling herself with her arms lol , she tries to get up on her knees and stuff btu she cant move that way. Some babies scoot around on there butts too lol. i bet in no time hes gonna start pulling himself up on furniture to walk along!
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
he's a silly boy. he started out scooting around on his butt and now he's crawling backwards. he's sooo close to crawling forward, i can tell. i bet he'll be doing it in 3 days tops. tomorrow is my first day of work (and my first day away from him), i'm going to be so upset if i miss it.

he's been pulling up on furniture for a while, specifically the coffee table. he's not interested in taking steps though, he just wants whatever he can get his hands on that's on the table.
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Pretty much the day after Ava started crawling she started walking along the furniture. Now she's being brave and letting a hand go, but that doesn't last long. She's unstoppable, just wait and see. I find that it's harder to settle her down for naps now b/c there's so much for her to see and do.
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Finn's the same way. He hasn't taken a good nap in days. I'll put him down and then i'll peek in on him and he'll be sitting there playing with his binky or standing there hanging over the railing. sometimes he'll start crying and i'll look in and he'll be sitting up with his chubby leg stuck between the slats.

he's supposed to be napping right now and i can hear him hitting his head on the side of the crib because he's so tired, but every time i lay him down he immediately sits back up. it's driving me crazy because he looks *exhausted*, he's got big bags under his eyes and he keeps bonking his head because he's swaying.

i don't know what to do other than leave him in there and hope he'll crash eventually.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
that's so great! way to go finn!

i've got to start coming back here more frequently. i didn't even know that you were going back to work, b.
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you do need to come back, kay! we miss you!!

i'm only going back to work on sundays and thursday evenings. it's just temporary though, they probably won't need me after august. i'm sad though and i don't want to go, i've never been away from finn for more than an hour. i'm sure i'll be fine after i get there tomorrow and see my old friends.
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, it takes her forever to settle down. She even refuses to eat b/c she wants to play. I have to give her her pacifier for a couple of minutes to make her drowsy then take her into my room with the noise machine and give her a toy to play with then I sneak the bottle in her mouth and lay her back. She'll eventually fall asleep after drinking her bottle. some days I fight with her forever.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2007
Supporter
yay finn!!!! im glad reese isnt crawling yet.. i can relax more:)
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2007
Supporter
Aww bless him! I remember when my neice and nephew were doign that, it seems like forever ago now they're so big now Sad
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, your in for it now. He'll be into everything very very soon!
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Haha you only get busier from here! .Kaylee started everything out by going backwards first!!
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Did Finn eventually go to sleep?
|

replied June 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
Did Finn eventually go to sleep?

lol, yes. i went to check on him and he must have fallen asleep sitting up, he was bent over his legs with his face on the mattress.

unfortunately he didn't sleep long. his routine is all messed up lately.
|
Tags: parenting
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....