Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Bump On Left Side of Neck Causing Terrible Headaches

Hello! About 3 weeks ago I found a tiny bump the size of a little pimple on the leftside of my neck, about a 1/2 inch below my hairline. I did not think anything of it, till about a week ago I started having shooting pains from the area through the left side of my head causing terrible headaches. It has also grown from a tiny pimple size to a pea size. I just want some suggestions to what this could possibly be, and if I need to see my doctor.

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2012
lump on back of neck
I a having the very same issue. The bump is on the back of my neck on the left side near the hair line, It is causing me a shooting pain up thay side of my head and also causing neck & shoulder pain every time I touch it. It is still pimple size though. I would love to know the answer as well. Thank you.
|

replied June 2nd, 2014
Migraines preceded by pimple on back of neck at hairline
I've been having migraines off and on for years, and invariably they are preceded by a small pimple on the left side, back of my neck right at the hairline!?! Anyone know why this might be?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....