User Profile
this might be silly, but i was reading through my profile and just thought of this. what are some quotes or words that have helped you get through something, or have taught you something?

i'll post mineee.
i heard this on antm<3

theres never a testimony without a test.
^^ that ones really helping me.

and 2 more that i got out of a great book.

There's no such thing as absolutes. Not in life or in people. Its day by day, if not moment by moment. All you can do is take on as much weight as you can bare, and if you're lucky, there's someone close enough by to shoulder the rest.

and

There comes a time in every life when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn to know the sound of it, otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.

im silly Laughing but i like reading stuff like this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
No one ever said life was fair....

I have to remind myself of this often, or else I get really down.
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Don't let your emotions control your mind. Let your mind control your emotions.

Love is a two way street, learn to travel it.

What does not kill you will make you stronger

Confusious say, "he who stand on toilet...high on pot
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
haha cindy
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
These are the 3 in my e-mail sig.

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.-- Alfred D. Souza

Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.-- Shari R. Barr

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. -- Winston Churchill
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Experienced User
If you don't ask - you don't get.

I always think of that when i'm being too shy to ask someone for something or just ask a simple, silly question like "where are you from?" to someone I hardly know.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
neighbours wrote:

I always think of that when i'm being too shy to ask someone for something or just ask a simple, silly question like "where are you from?" to someone I hardly know.

That is a really good one. It will help alot in work to. So many co-workers complain about no raises or promotions. (to me of course, they want to make me feel quilty Rolling Eyes ) Then I say, 'well, did you ask them?' they never did...hhmmm....I wonder why they never got anything?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Supporter
Life goes on
Everything happens for a reason
You can only do your best

The third one is really helping me feel less pressue with my exams!
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Experienced User
mc4ever02 wrote:
neighbours wrote:

That is a really good one. It will help alot in work to. So many co-workers complain about no raises or promotions. (to me of course, they want to make me feel quilty Rolling Eyes ) Then I say, 'well, did you ask them?' they never did...hhmmm....I wonder why they never got anything?

Yep, too often people just expect something when they haven't even asked for it. Noone just gives you something and noone can read you mind so you just gotta ask. My best friend once told me that nearly 7 years ago and probably doesnt even remember saying it but I've always thought of it since then.

Yeah, same Danni...I keep thinking that one cos of my exams Wink
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I just went to a chinese buffet and in my fortune cookie it said:

"do not mistake infatuation for an opportunity". . . Laughing
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol thats so weird!
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
one thing i have learned is that you can never ever live for anyone but yourself. don't depend on someone else for your happiness. you have to do things for yourself. do what you have to do, move forward, & don't look back.. & .if things work out in your favor, then that's amazing. if you fall in love & stay in love, then it's beautiful. don't dwell on your past, don't dwell on regrets. keep an open mind about absolutely everything in life. don't restrict yourself to the norm. be strong. be loud. be independent. be happy. live, & live hard.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
arcadia wrote:
one thing i have learned is that you can never ever live for anyone but yourself. don't depend on someone else for your happiness. you have to do things for yourself. do what you have to do, move forward, & don't look back.. & .if things work out in your favor, then that's amazing. if you fall in love & stay in love, then it's beautiful. don't dwell on your past, don't dwell on regrets. keep an open mind about absolutely everything in life. don't restrict yourself to the norm. be strong. be loud. be independent. be happy. live, & live hard.

you have no idea how much i love you haha especially when you talk like that. you're awesome.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Supporter
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No day but today.

People come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are lead to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return.

There is no .I in team, but there is, in fact, a me.

You'll never share true love until you love yourself.

Be cautious of where you park your house!

There's only now, there's only here. Give in to love, or live in fear.

What you give is what you get.

And my all-time favorite, as said about 12398470132957145945 times by my humanities teacher this year:
Variety is the spice of life!
|

replied January 13th, 2009
Life is what happens to you while you were busy making other plans.

Embrace everyday. Live like it's your last day on Earth.

Listen to your inner voice, your soul for guidance and no one else. Only then, you know you're following the right path, the path to your destiny.
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
These are all great and inspiring. I'm glad this thread was bumped.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...