This Sunday i went to a Mexican Restaurant and made a bet that i could not eat a Jalapeno whole.... Yes i know this was a stupid mistake, but shortly after eating this whole Jalapeno, my body took a severe turn for the worst... I threw up about 4 to 5 times, and shortly after this my whole face turned red... I went to the hospital where i was given Bendryl and told to rest... Now, i just right now noticed that i have a red blood splotch on my eye, definately below the main part of the eye, so im not too worried... Could this be a big issue or something more of like a busted cappillary?? Any ideas from anyone? Should i be worried?? I know i have never been allergic to Jalapenos EVER!!! Again main issue here is my eye and the blood splotch... Thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Oh boy, I really have no idea what it could be from. Although the splotch in the eye could just be a burst vessel from throwing up, it's happened to me before. Maybe it was from something else in the food and not the pepper.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....