User Profile
"Should marijuana become a legal medical option?"

Do you think that patients should be allowed access to THC as a pain reliever? Many believe that marijuana can help ease the symptoms of painful and/or chronic conditions or treatment such as AIDS, Alzheimer's, Arthritis, Asthma / Breathing Disorders, Chemotherapy, Crohn's, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Epilepsy / Seizures, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Spasms, Pain, Analgesia, Psychological Conditions, and Tourette's Syndrome.

Others claim that marijuana is a gateway drug that will lead to abuse of narcotics and want to see the substance criminalized. The opponents of the medical use of marijuana state that the risks of medical marijuana include drug addiction, cancer, brain damage, decreased reproductive ability, and possible death.

What's your opinion? We invite you to share your opinion here

Last edited by admin on February 23rd, 2009 04:44 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 22nd, 2009
Medical Marijuana Debate
I had a serious work related injury! ive had every painkiller in the book, it seems Marijuana is the only one that takes my mind off the pain ashame i have to buy it illegaly!! and only get a small amount at a time as fear of getting caught i personally think it should be legalised for MEDICAL PURPOSES ONLY!! although ive seen peaple take a bad turn with cannibis paranoia etc.... but i wud presume if taking it under medical supervision that it would solve alot of problems for peaple who really need it. Would have saved me alot off visits to docs and hospital etc.....
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Medical Marijana Debate
I fully believe it should be made legal!! As a woman with crohns and IBS, there is NOTHING I can take orally for a pain without causing other intense pains!! We've (and by we've, I mean my doctors and I) tried antinausea medications, muscle relaxtion medicals, food with pain medications, and even sleeping through the pain! It would be heaven to be pain free and able to follow through on plans with my family!

Amanda
|
Users who thank CupOfBlondSugar for this post: admin 

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2010
It was only criminalized because of William Randolph Hearst and the ignorance of congress(not actually knowing waht marijuana was).
|

replied June 10th, 2010
Well, as much harder class A drugs are legal for medical purposes (including heroine), its obscene that it isn't legal for medical purposes. I am also in a similar position as Amanda, having very severe IBS and having to take oral painkillers which half the time make things worse. I know that personally my body cannot tolerate marijuana, but I can see how it could greatly help other people with digestive tract problems.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....