Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

28 Weeks And a Tiny Tummy ?

User Profile
ok i feel like my tummy is way to small for how far along i am... i've actually been told by plenty of people that i don't look pregnant at all... can that mean something bad (or good) when your tummy is small? My doctor doesn't seem at all concerned by it, but i'm starting to really wonder about it...

any ideas ladies?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: 28 Weeks And a Tiny Tummy?
Azure777 wrote:
ok i feel like my tummy is way to small for how far along i am... i've actually been told by plenty of people that i don't look pregnant at all... can that mean something bad (or good) when your tummy is small? My doctor doesn't seem at all concerned by it, but i'm starting to really wonder about it...

any ideas ladies?

From your pictures, I think you are doing well. I don't think you are too big or too small...just perfect. I was told that I looked really small during my first pregnancy. It just made me panic and caused me to wonder if my baby would be really small. Nathan was 7 pounds, 6 ounces - such a perfect size. If your doctor isn't concerned, try not to stress over it. Think of it this way, at least your belly will probably go quickly back to pre-pregnancy state.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
well i know the baby's completely on track and healthy... but why am I small? like i doubt i should be small to the point of me still not feeling pregnant when i'm this far along with this big ol baby in me
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
every pregnancy is different, bridget didn't show until she was like.. 35 weeks?
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
it just can be the position of the baby and things like that.. also at 28 weeks the baby is still pretty small. im a little over 35 weeks and i have days where i look huge and then i have days where i barely look pregnant at all. Plus a lot of it has to do with what shape your body was in before you got pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
azure I am in the same boat as you. I am 29 weeks tomorrow and if you didn't know I was pregnant you could never tell. We can tell on ourselves, thats for sure, but I wish I was looking pregnant with a baby bump by now. If I stick it out I kinda look pregnant but I thought I was gonna be big by now. Hey, what are you gonna do I guess.

I will see if I can finally get some pics on here.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Same with me everyone says you can't tell I'm pregnant and it's kinda annoying (okay it's really annoying). I wish it was "oh what a lovely bump!"

And I swear to go being pregnant gave me spidey senses. I am on 3rd floor apartment and someone in a car across the street is smoking a cigarette and I can smell it in here! Crazy!
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
every pregnancy is different, bridget didn't show until she was like.. 35 weeks?

yup! then it was seriously like i woke up one day and had a belly, but even then i was still small. i remember getting up and me and my husband were both like "whoa! where did that come from?"

i hated when people would say that i was "lucky because i didn't have a big belly and didn't have to be uncomfortable", that made me want to slap them in the face. i wanted to be like, "think about it! i have no baby belly but there's still a baby in there! what do you think he's doing to my insides?!" i was beyond uncomfortable, i couldn't sit upright because i literally couldn't breathe. i actually think it's much worse than being hugely pregnant, which i know is very uncomfortable as well, but at least the baby is out in front of you and not compacting all your organs as much. i really hope it's different with my next one.

oh, and my baby was 8lbs 5oz at birth so just because your belly is small doesn't mean your baby will be!

hang in there girls, you might just wake up one day to see you've popped.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
oh good thanx bridget because I thought that my baby is small because I don't have a bulging belly. someone said that to me once and I think it gave me a complex!
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Ummm i didn't start showing till around 29 - 30 weeks.
everyone thought I was lying when I told them I was preggers.
Everyone shows different. Even bein' small in the begining I woke up and bam I was huge and had an 8pound 9oz. baby
LOL
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
really?! lol. thats great I cant wait. Do you think it will pop or will i always be on the small side? its anyone's guess. I hope i pop soon!
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
my body has always been big bust small waist huge hips and thighs... i figured that i'd look pregnant by now but i guess i'm just starting to look fat because of how big everything else is... i give it another month and i'll probably look pregnant... dunno, only time will tell
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
don't worry it'll come and then you'll be uncomfortable and wishing you weren't so big. lol. just kidding. i'm sure you'll get that roundness soon enough. when i was about 4 and a half months along i looked like i was about 10 months. I had a belly before i got pregnant and tried so hard to lose weight but would never lose it in my gut. I had a skinny bum and small boobs and i hated it. people would always ask me if I was expecting and i would get so embarrassed. i always wore hoodies with pockets in the front so i could hide my gut. well, turns out it was a cyst and not just a pot belly! now i am excited to see what i will look like after the baby is out because my body will be really different. now that i can lose weight in my stomach and have a normal body shape, i'll be all saggy from the baby. Sad blah just look on the bright side, you may not have that nice round tummy yet but you can still breathe! Wink

uh oh i just read bridgets post, i guess im one of those people. sorry! Confused Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...