Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Numbness on whole side of my face , difficult to swallow

For the past 5 days my neck and whole side of my face has been numb there is no pain just numbness and it makes it difficult to swallow ??? i dont understand i dont know if iv strained it an its causing this? of if i damaged a nerve? or what? but its very scary! and frustrating i cant feel myself swallow on that side and when i move my jaw its like its very stiff and numb on the whole side if my face im also lightheaded and dizzy when i bend my head side to side and i feel like im in a fog or a dream or something im very out of it all day i dont know what this could be i know iv been to the docs before for this a long time ago but it was not as bad and they said it was nothing they ran test and everything so I have no clue what this could be ?? I know I lifted something heavey about 4 days ago and after that all this started happening so that could be what it is but still i dont know how to treat it? i dont have any pain at all just severe numbness in the whole right side of my face,neck,ear,jaw,throat and head along with lightheadedness and dizziness ?????.... Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
I know what you mean. You may want to go over to the tmj forum. Ihad all those symptoms. You can have tmj without haveing pain in the jaw. the jaw referrs pain to different parts of the body making it look like something else. You may also want to try a chiropractor as it sounds like you may have popped something in your back lifting. Im the mod over at the tmj forum so ill be willing to help you in any way that I can. Ive dabbled in this and have learned a lot. My sister is becoming a master herbalist so i do have my references.
|
Did you find this post helpful?