User Profile
What are the possible causes of this pain i've had. It seems to have migrated from my right side (appendix location) up to where my gall bladder is and causing pressure in my chest at times. Also i've had extremely bad gurgling of my stomach at night because of it. The pain is mostly dull, although sometimes if I move in a certain way it can cause a stinging pain that feels like its going from one side of the ribcage to the other. There is also dull discomfort in my stomach (near the top). If I press on my stomach (top abdominal muscles) it is a bit more painful, but nothing extreme. After the 4 blood tests, 3 urinalysis, 2 abdominal ultrasounds and 1 chest xray i've had in the last 2 months is it possible this is some sort of cancer spreading that hasn't been noticed? Is there a chance my occasional testicular discomfort is related?

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank DoctorQuestion for this post: Mike_N 

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass, and Colon Disorders Answ
You wrote: "urrent medical status: Starting approximately 2 months ago I had a dull pain in my right side (where you would expect appendix pain to be) however I had an ultrasound, a blood test and a urinalysis and the doctor decided from those 3 things that it was not my appendix. Infact, they found nothing wrong with me. The pain in my side continued and eventually seemed to move up into my chest. At random times during the day it would feel like my chest was really compressed. The chest pains started about 3 weeks after the side pain. I went to the hospital and got a Chest X-ray, Blood test and ultrasound. All came back perfectly normal (with the exception of 'sorta thick bile in the gall bladder') according to the doctor. I asked him if it was a gall bladder problem but he said the rest of the gall bladder seemed fine and discharged me from the hospital. I immediately made an appointment with my doctor because I knew this wasnt going to get better on its own, however my do! ctor is booked solid for a month. I've gone to the walk-in clinic after my second visit to the hospital (about 4 weeks into the pain) and the doctor diagnosed me with Gastritis, I took Prilosec for 2 weeks but it did not help overly. The pain in my side now has almost all gone away, but now I have a recurring pain in my stomach, as well as the occasional chest pain. Feeling hungry now does not feel the same as it did before, i know i'm hungry but I dont feel the same as i did before when I was hungry. I have been avoiding unhealthy and greasy foods lately as well as spicy foods and carbonated drinks. My stools have been relatively normal with the exception of occasional constipation, occasionally my stools look like they have tiny roots coming out of them, and occasionally theyre green, almost moss-covered looking. Every night while I go to sleep my stomach gurgles loudly and constantly almost until I fall asleep. Another thing that may be unrelated is lately i've had a bit! of pain in my testicles at random times, I checked for lumps ! and may have found one on my left one at the very top, although it could be the epidymisis. I went to a walk-in doctor to check it out and he said it was nothing, although i've heard from others he is not the most educated or accurate doctor. I will definatley ask my doctor about it when I have an appointment with him.

Current medical treatment: No current medical treatment. Was using Prilosec (Omeprazole) for 2 weeks ending approximately 2 weeks ago."

Given all the negative results from all the medical diagnostic procedures you’ve taken and still continue to research, it seems that you will be satisfied only when you really find something wrong. Cancer does not manifest with “dull moving pain from testicles to chest” . Further, all your diagnostic tests are simultaneously negative. The only diagnostic procedure that remains is a gastroscopy for checking the stomach. If the gastroscopy is ok then the remaining possibility is that you are experiencing hypochondria. Hypochondria is a type of neurotic disorder wherein psycho-emotional suffering manifests by feeling symptoms of various types of organic diseases. Hypochondria can be treated with the help of a mental health professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.