Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Am the Main Source of My Pain

User Profile
I think i'm depressed. People have told I am. I have not been clinically proven. BUT I believe I am the main source of my pain not any one else. It is all my wrong doing. I can't fix any of it. I spend more time dwelling on the past then worring about the present and the future. The future is abit different cause I worry about it but then I end up worring about the past agian so its like a 50/50 thing. I don't know what to do, I cant take all the things I have done, said or made plans for back. It just sickens me sometimes thinking about it. I see everyone else living it up the way I had planned/thought I would be doing, basically everyone else is living up my dream and I as well a friend of mine are not living the dream (we both had same dream with some variations here and there but most of it the same). Like I said it makes me sick and in the end I beleive that I am the main source of my pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Hi
I know exactly how you feel, I always dwell on the past, and worry about the future. And I have a million things I wish I could take back, most of them involve my friends. I'm so concerned all the time about everything I do and say, and how ppl perceive me. When I was a freshman in high school my parents sent me to a shrink for the first time and I was put on anti-depressants, I've been on and off them ever since, but even though I'm on them I feel down about everything. I hope you reply.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....