i have elevated uric acid levels and my dr thinks i may have gout. i do have foot pain but never has it been in my toes. i have pain in my arches and the long bones on the outer portion of the foot.

should i just consider myself lucky that i have no pain in my toes yet - or do my symptoms sound like something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Although the most common joint for a gout attack is the big toe, my former rheumatologist once told me that a gout attack can occur in any joint. There certainly are many joints in the foot. The area of the foot where you describe your pain is the area where most of my gout attacks used to occur. But not all foot pain is from gout. Get a medical diagnosis. If it is gout, then get checked to be sure that you don't have sleep apnea. You can find further info about the connection of gout to sleep apnea at [links removed] , and in the book "The Perils of Sleep Apnea - An Undiagnosed Epidemic".
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....