Hi I am a type 1 diabetic and I was wondering if anyone knows if I was to become pregnant what percentage my kid would have in becoming a deitabetic to
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2004
Diabetes
Hey there....I too am a type 1 diabetic....I'm not completely sure but i've been told that you don't pass diabetes to your kid if your pregnant. They might have a higher risk of getting it, but thats usually if you have type 2. I'm not an expert but I don't think you have anything to worry about...The only thing i've heard is diabetics usually have to have c-sections to get the baby out early because of the glucose in the blood causes the baby to grow faster than usual..But still no worries...Hope that helps. Good luck.

~aubrey~
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...