Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

im on the pill and my period is late

Ok, I went to doctor to see about birth control pills, and i walked out with three packs of Femcon. I started them like I should've and had taken them correctly at the same time every night, and during the sugar pills I got my period which is expected.

However, when it was time for me to start my second month, my doctor had prescribed a different brand of the pill, called Sprintec. I was unsure if I should continue with Femcon or start on Sprintec, but she assurred me that they were the same, just different names. So I started my second month correctly as well, taking them at the same time, but I have not gotten my period yet and I'm now on the sugar pills.

Is it because I switched brands? Or is it because I'm still new to the pills and my body hasn't quite adjusted? My period has never been normal before I started taking the pills, is it taking a toll? Yes, I have had sex during those 2 months, but both times were protected, but both me and him. Please help!
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It's just your body getting used to the pill. Don't worry about it. Also, if you are on the pill and taking it correctly, you really don't need to use other protection. You can if it makes you feel better, but you don't have to.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Thank you very very much! I was very paranoid about what was going on. So even though I haven't started my period and I've taken my 4th sugar pill I should be ok? Well either way, thank you for the advice!
Very Happy
|

replied June 7th, 2007
Alright nevermind about the post above me, I started my period this morning and everything seems to be A-OK!
Thanks again!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...