User Profile
For the majority of my life I have always accepted that there is likely something not perfectly right about my brain. I can tell that it works in ways that normal people's brains don't. First major problem is that I am constantly abnormally happy or life just seems low and shitty (the weather often has a strong contribution to this). I have always had problems paying attention, meaning I will zone out in class, when talking to friends, or even when I'm reading a book (I will literally read a couple pages before realizing I was thinking about something else and not a word of it registered). I have suffered from insomnia since I was 4 years old. I have mood swings very easily. I cannot handle emotional seperation even from a very short lasting relationship. I have trouble staying on task or staying dedicated to one thing even if it's something I enjoy. I do weird things when my thoughts race like without realising it I will grab the back of my head or sometimes randomly speed up while I am walking and slow back down again (things like this are what have made many of my friends realise there is something weird about me).

What do you people think? Could all of these things together be a sign of bipolar disorder?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2007
some of the things you mentioned like not paying attention when reading a book is not necessarily bi polar. and running or grabbing the back of your head out of nowhere doesnt sound like bi polar to me either. Theres always a possibility but, ive been bipolar for years and i dont really have those symptoms. Go to see a phsyciatrist and get evaluated.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
SOunds more like add , adhd , or maybe Psychotic tendencies "bad spelling"

Sad I'm no pro but I've always been the same except I rarely get deppressed.Still getting diagosed which sux + my thyroid condition Embarassed

What sux right now is if you have no money like alot of people in the US. From what I've seen and experienced myself is that you are lucky if even half the people do their job right...Its just plain wrong and pathetic Embarassed

good luck
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Life Is Good
Don't know what you mean in the negative points. ???

But, Life is good!

Don't dwell on the past.

xoxo
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...