Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Sunscreen And Insect Repellent

We love to be outside, but the black flies and mosquitos are .B.A.D!!! I have a net that goes over the stroller, but the little jerks get in anyway. Is there something that is safe for a baby? Obviously I wouldn't be putting it on his hands.

Do you use normal sunscreen for them 50 block?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
How old is .jayden now??

I use(and have since she was 3 months) the "family care" bug spray on .oni.

They've got a new kind out. With cornstarch(it's a spray) that dries on *contact*! So it won't leave him greasy!!

As for the sunscreen, I've used 50 since the same age. Maybe a lil younger.

Sarah
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jaylon is 11 weeks tomorrow!!!

Oni must tan so easy. You are lucky for that. He has his father's lily white skin and I just know he's going to fry outside
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yea. only her cheeks gets red if she gets over heated from running around. lol. But once she settels down, she's back to normal.

SHe hasn't gotten sunburn yet. And I sometimes forget to lather her up.

SHe gets suuuper brown that night, or the next mornin!!!

Sarah
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i think you can use any kind of bug spray (don't quote me on that though).

regarding sunscreen, i just read this in parents magazine-

can babies wear sunscreen? the american academy of pediatrics now says that it's safe to use small amounts of sunscreen on infants under 6 months of age as long as you keep it away from their eyes and mouth. Choose a gentle brand, such as aveeno baby continuous protection sunblock lotion spf 55 or .m.d. moms babysilk sunscreen towelettes spf30+. of course, keep your baby out of direct sunlight, and protect her delicate skin with with a hat and light clothing.

we use the waterbabies spray on kind.
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Supporter
well I sell avon ( not selling here just so the admin knows that im not ) and alot of my customers and family (and i am now since it works and is safe) use skin so soft aka sss bug guard plus IR 3535 cool'n fabulouse spf 30 it comes in reg and disappearing color lotion it is great and a nice clean scent they have a whole big line of it for babys-adults.pm me and i can give you there main site to find someone in your area to get if you would like hun.
ill pm you anyway with the details hun pm your way.
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Avon's skin so soft is also a good bug repellent for babies ...everyone in my family has used it on there lil ones and it works like a charm and is safe for them as well ....
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Supporter
Does .jaylon have sensitive skin? If he does, don't use anything until you see your doctor.
|

replied June 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I honestly don't know if he has sensitive skin or not? I use Baby .All or .Dreft on his laundry and don't use anything on his skin besides baby products. If .I were to guess, .I would say he will have sensitive skin. Bri and .I are allergic to various things, and .Mike is too.

Skin so soft does work awesome and .I have a ton of it too! I use it on my dash and other non cloth parts in my car. Shines it up and smells good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ladies!
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....