Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Heart arrhythmias / irregular heart beats + sliding hernia

User Profile
I was diagnosed with a hiatus heania sept 06, this was following suffering with a number of problems for a year or so beforehand.
I have been taking lanzoprol 15mg, but my problems slowing came back, this has been increased to 30mg (April 07), the most worrying problem is occasional and sometime regulars heartbeat problems, it seems like a missed heart beat, this can happen for 30 minutes some times every 3 or 4 beats, my doctor says there is nothing wrong with my heart and that my stomach is not connected to my heart in anyway, and that what I am experiencing is not my heart, but stomach spasms.
I do experience stomach spasms sometimes, but I know when my heart goes funny, but they do not believe me, why?
I feel my life is on hold and I do not enjoy myself anymore, I do not drink alcohol as this makes the problems worse, I do not excersise for fear of something happening.
Please help if you can.
Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Hernia Answer A2877
Heart arrhythmias or irregular heart beats can't be linked to a sliding hernia. Similar symptoms between the two conditions most often include chest pain or pressure...such as those experienced during angina pectoris or heartburns. Some other conditions can cause arrhythmias, such as anemia, thyroid problems, or anxiety. You can request diagnostic cardiology examinations in order to determine the cause of these arrhythmias or heart irregularities.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.