I am new to these boards and this is my first post.
I am looking to find people like me who have been addicted to oxycodone, hydrocodone and oxycontin like me. I have been addicted to them for about a year. I mostly take oxycodone and once in a while i'll buy oxycontin if I can't find oxycodone. I need it to function normally, to be happy, to have energy, i need it constantly. I can take up to 15 5mg tablets of oxycodone a day if I could afford it. I want to stop but i've tried and i can't. i'm stealing from my parents now. i'm ashamed at it. I have a 5 year old child and on days that i can't find oxycodone i get crabby, stay in bed all day, i yell at my child alot and i cry and i get headaches. I can't stop this addiction. Is there anyone that has been to this point? I want to stop, can anyone walk me through this please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
No, addicted2oxy… no one can “Walk you through it”.

But you can!
Narcotics Anonymous can show you the tools needed for you to walk away from oxy. But only you can show the willingness to change everything in order to get and this is more important, stay clean.

Search the web for a meeting in your area, and show up. Eventually you will want to get a sponsor and work the steps, but start out by showing up.

Your friend
Richard
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Hi there, Oxy....at least you now have the desire to stop and that's something.....GOOD FOR YOU!

As Richard said....nobody can do this for you....but we do have a ton of support and can give you much info and tools to use. We have a great detox/taper forum where you can interact with people going thru a taper and some that are done and want to help. Come see us anytime!

Wish you the best of luck!.......Carol

aaaaaaaaand.....

http://www.MethadoneSupport.org/forum.html
|

replied October 6th, 2009
I have been on pain pills for almost 10 years now. It has consistently gotten worse and worse. I am now snorting 2 - 3 Oxycontin 80mg pills a day and on top of that snorting Xanax 2mg every day. I'm not going to go into all the detail on how I got started and such, because everybody here knows where I am coming from. I want to quit and I have to quit. I have lost everything I love due to my addiction...my wife, my kids, and have pawned everything else that meant something to me and lost it. I spend several hundred dollars a day on OC's and I can't take it anymore. I am scared to death. I don't know what to do. Every time I 'try' to quit...I feel like I am dying and I can't even move, talk, eat, drive, SLEEP...it is torture. If there is such thing as HELL...then this is it. Somebody...Anybody...Please help me...before it is too late...
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its psychological dependence. You can easily quit this habit. I would suggest you gradual decreasing the dose.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.