i'm 5 weeks today. For the past week I have been having these very vivid dreams. I've been seeing color and hearing very clear sounds and voices in my dreams. They almost seem like reality! Has any one else been experiencing this???? Weird right?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile number game
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
Experienced User
I had a super vivid dream that I was pregnant with a girl and that is what sent me to the dr, and where I got positive results. I am also almost 5 weeks pregnant. I do have Lots and lots of dreams, but I wouldnt say they were incredibly vivid. But with all the hormones running through us I am sure its possible.
Are you having nausea at all....I still havnt had any...
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
NO. I'm don't have any nausea or sickness of any kind. My nose is a little stuffy on and off. I heard that it could be a symptom while pregnant. Not many You? symptoms though. I feel really good!!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry that should have said.... not many symptoms though. You? The hormones are already effecting my brain! hehehehehe
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~~rachel~~ wrote:
Sorry that should have said.... not many symptoms though. You? The hormones are already effecting my brain! hehehehehe

It only gets better as you get further along!!!!! The dreams get crazier, the forgetfulness gets annoying, your husband/boyfriend will really start to get on your nerves....I swear the forgetfulness is going to be the death of me!!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think I'm goning to start keeping a juronal of all the dreams I have durring my pregnancy!!! I geuss if people read it though they might think I'm really crazy!! I love to dream anyways so this whole new way of dreaming is gonna be kinda fun.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
"Sorry that should have said.... not many symptoms though. You? The hormones are already effecting my brain! hehehehehe"

That's so cool.
The only symptoms I have had is joint/ligamant pain...including back pain...oughh. And I would imagine fatigue...I was just diagnosed with Hypothyroid, so that is leaving me tired as well...so hard to say. We will see as the weeks go on.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, I've had some interesting dreams since I've been pregnant (I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow). They've been extremely vivid. I could have gone by how crazy my dreams had gotten instead of buying a pregnancy test.

I had one dream where I was flying on an airplane sitting next to my DH but I was completely topless, my shirt and bra were in my lap. I was self-conscious about it, but apparently not enough to put clothes on to cover myself. The stewardess just calmly went about serving the drinks and meals to me.

Then, I've had a lot of vivid erotic dreams, mostly with my DH, but sometimes not, sometimes weird kinky sex situations like 3-somes and other stuff that I would never do in real life, sometimes with other women often resulting in orgasms and waking myself up. Apparently, these sorts of dreams can be common in pregnancy, but they do make me uncomfortable, especially the dreams not involving my DH, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it except just enjoy it. These dreams seem so real that I would have sworn they had happened.

The other night, though, I had a vivid bad dream, where I was out on my grandparents farm taking care of their cows (which I never took care of cows in my life), and out in the cow-pasture, I discovered the body of a murdered teenage girl and her horse, which had also been shot and killed Sad

Pregnancy dreams have been interesting to say the least!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
give it time, ladies! most people don't start getting m/s and other symptoms until between 6-8 weeks. i hope you don't get anything too bad!

oh, and regarding the vivid dreams... mine were *crazy* up until i gave birth. i would dream about people from 5th grade and stuff, it was so weird. and this may be tmi, but i found out from posting here that it's actually pretty common, in the third trimester i had orgasms in my sleep like 3 nights per week. consider that a pregnancy bonus!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
I had some extremely vivid dreams during my pregnancy. They were always very detailed, usually really strange, and they would stay on my mind for days. I ended up writing most of them down and now its fun to go back and read about those weird dreams! So I definitely think a dream journal is a great idea!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I've had dreams about shotting people car accidents you name it Ive had it. It's really weird. It's nice to knoe other people are going through the same thing though. No dreams with orgasams yet although I'm sure that would be great seeing as how you wouldn't have to "work" for them. hehehe
check out my space....I'm gonna make changes as my pregnancy progesses!
[removed- please do not post personal info]
|

replied January 27th, 2009
vivid dreams 8 weeks pregnant
iv been having the most vivid of dreams, one dream i pulled a mans head off with my hands, another i dream cheated on my husband and said out loud so he heard me say, its ok he wont find out and apparently was making sex sounds out loud.also i feel like killing everyone including my friends, also i dreamt that i was having a little girl went into labour, her head was sticking out of my tummy with her body still in there then i had to have a c-section to get her out, how many more dreams am i gonna have it also feels like they last all night so i feel like im getting no sleep x
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2011
could i be pregnant?
i had 2 crazy vivid dreams and am not sure if i am pregnant yet or not, but i dreamed i had 2 c-section for both dreams the first dream i was 34 weeks and the doctors took baby out of me and it was a boy then after they took baby out of me i died, then i was alive with my baby. the second dream i took a pregnancy test and it was positive and was about 34-36 weeks pregnant doctor did a c-section and i was watching doctor take baby out and it was a boy and he gave me my baby and it was bloody and slimmy i almost dropped baby but i held on to him and he was a big boy he looked like he was 7 months and i was trying to breast feed him but i couldnt i had no milk in my breast lol Can someone tell me what these dreams mean?? Am I Pregnant?? I test for a pregnancy test in 7 more days to find out but does this mean I am pregnant??
|

replied May 5th, 2011
Vivid dreams during pregnancy
I am 9 weeks pregnant this Saturday. My dreams are so crazy that they wake me out of sound sleep. Mostly about being shot by someone or running from someone. I remember such vivid details, like colors, names, and tiny details. Also, people from my past are in them alot. It scared me at first, but now I just wake up, let myself kno everything is ok and go back to bed. I hope these crazy dreams go away, people say that it's fears of mine coming out in my dreams. I can't wait to just have a good nights sleep before the baby's here....Any suggestions on getting rid of these bad dreams? Maybe changing what I eat, or doing something different before bed??
|

replied September 9th, 2011
I havent taken a test yet, but the past weekend I have been having dreams that seem so real. And I have been remembering most of my dreams which doesnt happen usually. My most recent dream was one where my best friend died in a car accident and I have never felt more alone. I woke up practically in tears it felt so real. I also have a question, did anyone feel like they could possibly be getting their period at times? Because I feel that way, but it feels really off and is about 7 days late so I am thinking pregnant...
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2011
I'm 5 weeks pregnant also and have had extremely vivid dreams. In one, I ran over a kid on a bike on accident dragging him under my truck. When I got out to see if he was okay I could see a hole in his stomach and a puddle of blood. I actually got back in the truck and left! Then it jump to me being in prison where I was minutes away from being executed. I woke up in a panic and needless to say, I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

I too have not had any morning sickness yet. I hear that can come when your closer to 8 weeks.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
What do you think?
I am beginning to think I might actually be pregnant this month. For the first time I was able to capture a signifcant pattern of rising temps in my cycle. My cycles are very irregular, so charting takes a long time. However, after 3 months of low temps, I began to experience raised temps. I am between 10 and 15 DPO (The range is due to the irregularities in my cycle). I last tested 4 days ago, which could be way too early (it was negative). I will be going to Dr for a prescheduled appointment (ultrasound) so I will propbably know for sure tomorrow. Now that I said all that! The reason I really started to question it this month was because I started having these troubling, disturbing dreams that were so realistic! I have had 2, maybe 3. I will start to keep track if any others come to be.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
vivid dreams
i have been having extremly vivid dreams too i find out in a day and a half if im pregnant but im haveing dreams that seem so real i can actualy feel myself doing the actions in the dream, an example i stabed a zombie in the head last night.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
vivid dreams
i have been having extremly vivid dreams too i find out in a day and a half if im pregnant but im haveing dreams that seem so real i can actualy feel myself doing the actions in the dream, an example i stabed a zombie in the head last night.
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Just dreaming
I had a dream last night, that a GYNO took a sac out of my uterus and showed me the ovum being fertilized, and she clamped my cervix to tug on it so my lower abdomen wouldn't be sore anymore. She asked if I wanted the sac back in and that I'd test in a week, I said yeah. Then I had a dream that mixed in with this one about dead dogs, and stuff. Before I woke up, I dreamt that my fiance was rubbing my feet. MMM felt SO good lol But yeah, I don't test for another 3 days.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...