Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

a Bladder Symptom I'm Trying to Stop Before It Hurts Me

After spending 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to finish urinating with strain and trying to get relief, I have to strain to push out the rest. 1st in the bathroom and then in bed at night I strain to push out the rest and have to hold my breath several times for a couple minutes each time wearing myself out trying to feel assured that I feel complete relief...but the problem is that i strain myself to the point where I'm red and winded and my body hurts. With my asthma it just makes it worse. My question is has anyone else suffered from this and what happened? Did you continue doing this harmful thing or did you find a way to find relief in a different way and stop?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2008
bladder
This sounds like an infection. I would see a doctor. Might also want to try unsweetened cranberry juice or supplement.
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I agree this sounds like an infection. You may end up pulling a muscle straining to get the urine out. You should see your doctor or go to a clinic to have a urine culture done, untreated UTI's can lead to other problems as well.
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....