Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Catching Coldsore's - Need Info And Help

I was drinking some coffie and someone took a few sips of my coffie on the other side of the cup. I latter noticed she had a small cold sore to the far side of her mouth! Im a bit worried now that I could of cault coldsore's (herpies) as I have found out that it is also transmitted by eating utensals.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Usually coldsores are transmited by direct contact - kissing etc. But thee is a posibility that you get them by using eating utensils or drinking from the same glass. Don't worry too much, but if you get them don't panic. There are many usefull medicines on the market - aciklovir, that can help you.
Jauzi
|

replied January 15th, 2004
Cold sores a normal for every one~! Don't wory chapstick, carmax, any thing works bt don''t let any one else use it they will catch it too~! You can get this chapstick or carmax at pretty much any drugstore for about 2 dollars.
Good luck
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Cold Sores are not normal, they're herpes
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, vikingchic, but cold sores are caused by the Herpes Virus. They are NOT normal for everyone, as you suggest; only for those who carry the virus. They are highly contageous and the virus CAN be spread even between outbreaks, something doctors call "Shedding". Please, get the facts.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
DATDUDE1
Getthefacts1 is rights only if u carrie the virus get these and if they been getting them since they was young that just means they was born with hepies.meaning there moma have it.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
I would like to add the fact that almost 80% of Americans carry the Herpes Virus. However there are a number of very good cold sore treatments out there that can heal outbreaks faster and lower the amount of outbreaks you get.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...